Canada, Netflix and WD Live TV Hub....not working!

Why would WD allow Best Buy to sell the wd live tv hub in Canada if it does not work with Netflix Canada service. I can’t tell you how upset I am with Netflix, Western Digital and Best Buy.    Such a waste of time syncing files and setting the device up only find out it does not have one its most important features. 

Tell me will this issue be corrected anytime soon?

Because there’s much more to the Hub than just a Netflix appliance…

Understood, the rest of the features are great, but you have not helped this problem.  I should not have to settle for a device that does not deliver as advertised.  Period.

The product box and every webpage that describes it says NETFLIX is US ONLY. Same with BLOCKBUSTER. I think its in French and English. Products works as advertised ( at least how WD and NETFLIX advertise it… )

Yes,  does say that on the box. Do you think they could have found a smaller type font, I am sure they would have used it if  it was available.  I guess on my way back to Best Buy to return this device, I will go the eye doctor and get a magnifying glass to prevent this  from happening in the future. 

Good bye WD,  HELLO APPLE TV

As Tony said, Netflix is shown as (US only).  Also, this is not a WD or Best Buy problem, but it is a Netflix licensing problem.  WD (and for that matter no other streamer) can offer something the Netflix won’t give a license too.  This is not just a problem with WD, but many of the steamers on the market only offer Netflix for the US market, not that they wouldn’t like to offer it in other markets, it’s only that Netflix won’t license it.

As I said this is the case for most steamers, WDTV, Seagate Freeagent Theater+, Wii, Xbox & more offer Netflix only for the US.

pcmorgan10 wrote:

Yes,  does say that on the box. Do you think they could have found a smaller type font, I am sure they would have used it if  it was available.  I guess on my way back to Best Buy to return this device, I will go the eye doctor and get a magnifying glass to prevent this  from happening in the future. 

You should look at the fine print on Apple TV:  Available to Netflix subscribers in the U.S.

There is a way around all of this though, Playon Media Server has Netflix Canada in beta right now.

pcmorgan10 wrote:

Good bye 1080p, Hello 720p max.