Blurry photos

hi all,

Got myself an My Cloud home from WD. I’ve installed the app on my S10+ ( android ).
But now i see the photo’s blurry on the app ? On the computer they are sharp ?

Anyone a solution ?

Thanks

There should be an issue with My Cloud Home software itself. I have photos coming from both iphone and samsung phone and this is what i realised;

• Photos uploaded from Samsung phone are looking good in the app. This includes photos from old version like S5.
  • Photos uploaded from Iphone are blurry on app. And if u download the photo on app back to your iphone gallery. It looks perfectly fine.

@WD, u just need to do one simple thing. U try upload a photo into your profile picture. That itself is already blur.
For me to come up with such analysis, u can imagine i have done all obvious checks. I would love to see response that address the question straight.

I was thinking the same thing however it seems over time, ie a few hours or a day, the blurry quality is replaced with HQ photos on both my Samsung and iPad using the app. I think I read somewhere that when new photos are initially added it shows a low res thumbnail but eventually all photos are restored to original quality. Can’t be certain but that’s my experience so far.

Oh yea, u r right. It took about a day for the photo to get sharper. Now mine seems ok.
It happen to video as well, when i first upload, the video streaming is laggy and stuttering, afterwards then it gets ok.

I am finding this with s10+
photos are blurry. waiting to see if this improves, but it makes no sense are we are accessing the drive directly, I assumed was because I was copying over my old hard drive. why would it take days to become clear, where is the image being cached?

I installed the MyCloud Home storage and APP two weeks ago and encountered the same problem. The pictures loaded from my Samsung Note 9 phone can be viewed in the MyCloud APP on my phone just fine (in high res), but the photos transferred from my PC to the drive came out blurry when viewed with the MyCloud APP. WD on-line support was not helpful at all. Today, I tried again. Just out of curiosity, I double tapped one of the blurry pictures, it suddenly became clear (in high res), and all the pictures in the folders and subfolders became clear (with a few exceptions). I don’t know if this is just a coincidence or the double tapping actually affect the APP. If anyone of you guys can give it a try and post your observation, it would be great.