Battery Replace - Wireless Pro

Hello,
Does anyone knows where can I Buy a new battery for My Passport Wireless Pro?

Thanks,

I am also looking for a new battery for a wireless pro. The device is 3,5yers and looks like, the battery of it had an internal shortage. Now the measured voltage is 0 flat. Anyone, can You help please, as I can’t find anything on the Internet?!

Here’s the ridiculous answer from Western Digital support:
"I would like to inform you that the battery of the My Passport Wireless Pro cannot be replaced, only the entire product can be replaced. "

It’s possible to replace battery’s from Laptop’s, Smartphones,… but from a portable disk is not possible?

Now i’m waiting new battery’s and I will try to replace.
Let’s see if it works.

It’s a Samsung battery.

Hi,

I also want to change my battery’s .
It would be very kind of you to explain how you did and if you had any trouble.

Thanks !

I got the same problem recently. Please advise if you have already found the replacement battery. It seems that it is just 2 ICR18650 3.7V battery joint in parallel. However, I wonder why the battery pack is linking with 6 wires as it will normally link to 4 wires only in other devices.

im glad WD is actively responding to our questions and concerns here, very helpful thanks WD!

/s

I bought from www.nkon.nl and replace only the batteries.
It’s working like new.

1 Like

which battery did you buy?

Is it possible for you to share which battery it is that you found working? Either like the model name or number and/or a photo? Was it difficult to get inside to replace it?

Thank You,
BC