Battery loss after one week of non-use

As a test, I have let my MPW sit in OFF mode for about a week now, and not connected to its charger, and then checked the battery status:  A fully charged battery now sits at a 50% charge. I checked it via the Dashboard every other day to note the progress of discharge. It was down 5-10% each time I checked.  So, disregarding the juice needed to reboot each time. It appears the battery ought to be dead after around 2.5 weeks total at this rate.  Anyone else have a similar experience testing the battery’s endurance?

Hi mike27oct, thanks for sharing this information. I don’t have a Passport Wireless to do the same test but let’s see if other users can chime in. 

Mine sat on its shelf for about 6 weeks off charger, and last weekend I turned it on during a power failure so kids could watch a movie.   It was at 80% charge when I turned it on.

Haven’t touched mine in over 2 months. Just checked it and it’s down to 60%.

Guess I’ll charge it. thanks for remindeing me.

OK, that’s good news Tony and ski-bum.  Mine today was down past 40% so I streamed a movie to tablet and it played around 1 hour and 25 mins.  and died.  I had checked it 10 mins before and it was at 15% battery and lasted another 10 mins.  Anyway, after it shut down for lack of battery, I now have it charging fully and will see how this charge goes.  I really hadn’t conditioned the battery well, so am doing so now.

Mine was off for exactly 2 weeks. It has gone from fully charged to 74%. I have the 1TB model.

I am having the same problem, battery almost completely dead after two or three days of being in the off mode. Did not have enough power to boot up.

@Raybug1, please make sure you are using the WD Power Adapter and cable that came with the product to charge. If the problem still exists, please contact WD Support team directly.

I was using the power adapter which came with the WD passport pro. It did that twice, so I have shipped it back to B and H for exchange.
Many other people had the same problem.

Thanks

Ray Sanders

The unit is charged fully, but the charge is not staying, even if the unit is turned off.

Thanks

Ray Sanders

I still think it’s a mistake creating a product like this that has a non-replaceable battery,

I have my second WD Passport Pro, I am checking it now, it seems to have the same problem, the battery dying when it is not turned on. I feel WD needs to reevaluate the battery or WD Passport. Maybe a new firmware update will correct the problem.

How much is it losing per week?

I will check it again it is charging right now. I had it charged yesterday, I came home and put a card into it, it uploaded the card. I turned it off then this morning it was dead. It could be from usage. Maybe it was used more than I thought.
I will check it though without any usage. The first unit went about two days turned off. The wifi is not set to be on all the time.

I really appreciate your response.

Thanks

Ray Sanders