Backup doesn't work

Hi, just purchased a new My Passport Ultra 1TB and Windows 10 Laptop. I installed the backup software and accepted the default Backup Plan of Hourly. The drive is showing as unlocked in Quick View and I can manually copy files but my backup plan is not working. If I press Backup Now nothing happens. Please can anyone help?

Hello, did you installed WD Smartware or WD Backup?

It comes with WD Backup option only which I have reinstalled several times

Anyone got any suggestions on what I can do next otherwise I will be forced to return the drive to the shop?

Hi,

Just bought a drive yesterday.
Same problem.
Years of posts on this.

Have WD simply continued to ignore?
Agreed, will simply return the drives to the shop and not buy WD again.
Very poor for a major Company.

Jez

Exact same issue. Windows 10 and Passport Ultra with WD Backup. Schedule backups never run. Manual ones work perfectly. Can this please get addressed??

I installed SmartWare on three computers on my network, all running Windows 10. I’m backing up to an 8TB EX2 Ultra. The first two work fine. However, on my laptop, I cannot get the software to run a backup. The backup tab indicates “Ready to perform backup”, but when I click on the “clock” button and then “Back Up Now”, nothing happens. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software several times with the same problem. Any ideas why I would be having this problem with only one of my computers?

I have the same exact problem!

I cannot back up whatever I do. 6 hours lost.

Hi, I just bought a we ex2 ultra, Wd smart ware isn’t so smart. Backup just stops. It doesn’t give enough info on what’s going on copying files then stops.
2weeks doing one backup still not finished, smart ware assures me it will complete the back up later!

No answers from WD anywhere . Very poor support!

Has anyone got an answer… Looks like WD are going to sell of their products and re brand …only explanation I can think of.

Smartware software is junk. I’ve two MyPassport drives and have used Smartware for a few years and it has never (ever) completed a backup yet. It gets down to a handful of files that never complete. The files that fail to backup are not suspect and they are not part of any software that is running. But that shouldn’t matter. Smartware should tell us WHY they will not backup. This isn’t rocket science its just file backup software and that information is readily available to display to the user.

For sanity I need to find backup software that actually works as prescribed. WD drives are good so I will continue to buy them but they seriously need to stop writing software or hire actual trained developers.