Backing up My Cloud data

I want to transfer my music & photos on the My Cloud drive. Don’t know how to back that up onto my My Book Live drive. Can it be done? If not, how to back up the data on My Cloud?

Hi there, you can try to do a safepoint from the my cloud to the My book live, and also you can copy and paste, but this will be done through a computer.

Here is a link that might help you on this matter, hope it helps you out:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10428 

Hi,

Thanks for responding. That link does not work

Simply connect the WD My Book Live to the USB port on the My Cloud, and then use the Safepoints feature on My Cloud to back up its contents periodically or manually. This will create a backup of everything that’s on My Cloud.

Thanks but the MY Book does not have a USB port.

I think that is where I went wrong, assumed that mine had a USB port as it said so on the web page. Maybe mine pre-dates the intro of a usb port. Only has a ethernet port

Gerry_4 wrote:

I think that is where I went wrong, assumed that mine had a USB port as it said so on the web page. Maybe mine pre-dates the intro of a usb port. Only has a ethernet port

You should be able to connect your computer, my book, and my cloud to the ethernet simultaneously and use the file browser of your choice to drag and drop.

Peter

Yes I can do it manually using copy or cut & paste but was hoping to be able to do it automatically

I want to transfer my music & photos on the My Cloud drive. Don’t know how to back that up onto my My Book Live drive. Can it be done? If not, how to back up the data on My Cloud?

I  believe the you can create a safepoint on a networked drive.  “Click either Local USB or Scan Network to display a list of available devices on your local USB drive or network:”