Aspect changed

Hi , am new to the forum and have never had problems I could not solve before. Usually able to search the forum or play with the media player and have been able to solve any. This is the first time I have not been able to get a solution. Turned on media player after turning off last night and the aspect ratio had changed. Has gone from widescreen to normal. went into settings and widescreen was still the option displayed. Have tried clicking from normal to widescreen a few times but no success. Have done the latest update when it was released. Anyone know how to solve this. Thanks

you have’nt said it … so i’ll ask it,

"Have you checked your “TV’s” Aspect Ratio Setting ? what’s it on ?
Correct setting should be 16:9

The aspect on the tv is fine. Have gone through everything I know. Have even reset the wd player.

ok so you tried the factory reset … Setup > System > Device Reset > Reset All Settings Back to Factory Default

have you tried a different HDMI port on the TV … or even try on another TV if you have one

what HDMI resolution is you WDTV set to ? eg. AUTO, 1080p, 720p etc

Pretty Strange … have never heard of this problem before :neutral_face:

Will try a different port on the tv. Never thought of that. The thing was I never touched anything. I turned it on on it had changed. Was all working fine last night. The tv aspect in on auto. Will look to see if I can change that

Changed the aspect on tv to full nothing changed. The only other aspect changes on tv are zoom1 and zoom2.

Changed wd port and nothing changef. Might be time to update or change to another media player. Can’t watch this small screen!!!

should be more than that … surely eg. my TV has Zoom1,2,3 and also 4:3,14:9,16:9 and Just

the last possible thing you can try (before running out and buying anything) is Different TV
(try on a friends or family members tv if you don’t have another)

Please post a photograph of your screen so we can see what you’re describing.

The aspects are 4:3,zoom1, zoom2,auto and full. Only a cheap tv in the caravan. Can’t try on another tv until in the house. Wd stuck on 4:3 aspect.

i’m guessing “Full” is the TV’s 16:9 setting … if you can’t access that, then could be the problem

anyways, yep … try another TV and that way can confirm if it’s the WDTV or TV at fault

Tried on full same thing

Finally resolved the problem. Reset tv and wd. All working correctly now. Thanks for everyone’s input

Thought you already tried to reset the WD ? … oh well, i guess resetting the TV probably did the trick

crisis averted :smile: