Amazon Prime for WD TV Play

I hope I’m in the right place to ask this question.  I just got the WD TV Play and it’s amazing how many apps are included.  However, I’m a member of Amazon Prime, yet I don’t find an app for it.  Can anyone tell me if there is a way to download it (I did check the manual) or if there are any plans by WD to add it to the selection?  Thanks in advance.

No, there’s no way to download it.

And WD never advertises their future plans for these things.

Dissapointing, but thanks for the info.

I think this would be a great idea, have you posted it in this communities ‘Ideas’ area?

glide66,

This has been my one and only time here and I didn’t really look around.  If you know how to do that please feel free!  I’d love to be able to have that app.

I did have an exchange with support at Amazon and she said she would pass the suggestion on to her higher ups.  If she did or not I’ll never know.

Thanks.

jimray, I’m also interested in having the Amazon Prime app so I posted your request on the Community Ideas thread, here.

Albeit a workround, but those of you who have Amazon Prime might think about getting PlayOn. It’s a DLNA server (you would see it under media servers) that has a lot of channels, one of them being Amazon VOD. It isn’t free, but I think it is well worth the $$. Besides Amazon, there are hundreds of other web based channels you can install. It is a nice compliment to WD devices by giving you a lot of streaming content. 

It would be nice to have an Amazon VOD app for WD, but I got tired of waiting for one, and was aleady a Prime customer. PO took care of that and added a lot of other channels that helped me cut the cord all together.

Or you could just wait and hope an app shows up sometime :angry:

Good Luck

-P