Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

1. Which is the different between generate the Poster cover using the Hub and ThumbGen ?

The “Difference” is the Hub create Low Resolution Posters … Thumbgen can create Higher Resolution Covers.

I recommend 300x450

1. How is the correct format for the TV series Title ? because the Hub doesn´t find the info for my series and I have to use thumgen.

I dont know about TV Shows and the Hub scraper …honestly havent bothered

(1 just dump the TV shows on watch them then delete them)

@ Joey,

Really like the look of this and cant wait for the dark version, is there anyway you can add the actors to the gallery view that would be great.

as always thanks for your hard work and time it is greatly appreciated.

@ sceeter

I’m not adding “actors” 

But, if you want to, edit  rv_gallery_browse_page.xml (variable is @@actor)

DOWNLOAD LINK ON PAGE(1)

Added: video_run_buf.xml   (i forgot about it)

@Joey

One more question.

If I use 300x450 size instead of 300x200 it will impact speed or it only generate bigger (at higher resolution and MB size) thumb without lose performance ?

perfect thanks. keep up the great work.

@Josh_K

If I use 300x450 size instead of 300x200 it will impact speed or it only generate bigger (at higher resolution and MB size) thumb without lose performance ?

I’ve been using 300x450 (under 70kb) for months now … and the speed is fine for me.

If you’ve been using 200x300 … then that’s fine (poster aspect ratio is still correct for this theme)

So, if you’re happy with the picture quality of your Thumbnails, then there’s no need to redo them.

(for the larger thumbnail views however, they might not be as ‘clear’ as a larger resolution)

If you want to try 300x450 then Download one of my “Test” Movie Demo Folders.  (the JSA720 i posted a couple of days ago includes a MOVIEDEMO_CopytotheHub.rar which has about 100 Movies with 300x450 covers which you can try)http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/JSA720-Theme-Idea-Preview/td-p/526042

Wow How did you manage to get such smaller size?

I made a simple template on thumbgen designer to generate a spare sheet (cover 400x350) as you suggest, but I get files between 100-150 KB I think they don´t impact on performance but is pretty cool to get that smaller size at that resolution.

Thanks for the link I will check the demo files.

@Josh_K

Wow How did you manage to get such smaller size?

With ease :wink:

If you want to use a Template to create your posters, here’s a simple 300x450 Template …

Do the above settings … make sure $M$N and use JPG.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0seqloice5bk3uu

Thanks Joey !

No Probs Josh

P.S. I’ve Updated the Download Links … fixed a few things (One of them below … the View Backdrop Info View)

Will update everything on the 1st Page tonite to make things easier to find.

darn outta time tonite: but here’s the latest build … will do a changelog over the weekend i guess…

ALASKA RESURFACE REMIX (Latest Build)  … Click Me :smiley:

Hi Joey,

thanks for the last Build - looks always great …the Download Name pointed to

AlaskaResurfaceRemixNightly.zip,  its not the Nighty Build right?

Regards

Gerd

Hi Joey.

I downloaded and tried the last build you uploaded yestarday night, the theme looks very cool now (even in beta), the fronted menu is great but what I don´t like a little is the unfocus effect on the non-selected items, in my opinion they look better as before without begin unfocus…

Cheers. :smiley:

@gerdk

“Nightly Build” was probably the wrong word to use (“Nightly” as in "I worked on in the evening, at ‘Night’)

of course, i could have said “Daily Build”

I will post the “Dark” , “Linksheet”  soon … i can only work on one theme at a time otherwise i start making mistakes.

@Josh_K

Sorry for all the little things you don’t like … “can’t please everyone” 

@ Joey

I know it Joey and I know you have to spend a lot of time tweaking and doing the thing works, so I really really appreciated what you do. I just wanted to inform you what I though about that, sorry If I make you feel bad about it.

By the way I will be waiting the Dark version! for the moment I have to reconstruct my Gallery thumbnails to adjust your theme.

Great work Joey!

@Joey,

how to i get the backdrop to show with the thumbnail like the screenshot above? is there a thumbgen template i can use?

@sceeter

how to i get the backdrop to show with the thumbnail like the screenshot above? is there a thumbgen template i can use?

Absolutely nothing to do with ‘Thumbgen’ or “Templates”

If you use the WDTV Live Hubs Internal Scraper it automatically creates Backdrops which are then available when you press the “Option” button on your Remote Control and select “View Backdrop Photos

Remember this a NON-Moviesheet Theme … everything can be done on the Hub.

Optionally. if you are not happy with the Thumbnail picture quality then you can use a 3rd Party Program to Generate Higher Quality Thumbnails.

Joey can you explain me how the linksheet method works, I been reading but I don´t fully understand how is set, e.g. I don´t know where to store all the sheets or how to set all my movie files…

Can you explain me the procedure ?

Previously posted at the Bottom of this Page

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/A-WallSheet-Video-Demo/m-p/504510#M10010

also, JSA720 Theme Preview for a Linksheet Demo (Download)

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/JSA720-Theme-Idea-Preview/td-p/526042

Hi everyone,

hoping someone can help i would like to change the @@director to the mpaa rating ex: pg13 etc.  what would be the variable to add in the xml for gallery view?

@sceeter

@@mpaa  does not work in “Gallery View”  … Never Did  (Over the 2 Years i’ve had a Live Hub)

@@mpaadid” work in other views until WD BROKE IT.

(My “Aeonish Theme” had MPAA in “List View” on Firmware 2.07.17 … Firmware after that, does not display it.)

Blurry Screenshot of MPAA working on Older Firmware