Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

@ Joey

Joey when you use the hub internal meta scrapper for gathering the info the Movies files change their name to one without format extension, right¡? but when I use Thumbgen for generate the xml and the poster the files keep showing their file extension.

Is there a way (using thumbgen) to show the movie name without extension ?

or

A way to have custom posters and the meta info from the hub internal scrapper at the same time?

@Josh_K

Is there a way (using thumbgen) to show the movie name without extension ?  No

or

A way to have custom posters and the meta info from the hub internal scrapper at the same time? Yes

Scrape your movies using the internal scrapper … then delete the metathumbs (eg. Watchmen.metathumb)

Copy the Thumbgen created poster (eg. Watchmen.jpg) to the Hub

Then Power Cycle the Hub.  (Press & Hold Remote Control Power Button & Unplug from the wall … wait 10 seconds then Plug Back in)

1 Like

Nice update Joey, always top quality work from you.

Thanks bro :slight_smile:

Is the new download link in the first post any different than the file that was linked in reply #363? By the way I just love this theme on my SMP box. Quite responsive and really good looking. I like the latest changes very much too. I am interested in using linksheets but don’t really understand them yet so I think I’ll wait until there’s a really good guide for those of us not that expert on these boxes to follow :slight_smile:

@littleg68

@goldberg96

Thanks :smiley: The link on in reply #363 was an older version … the Link on Page(1) is the Latest (any updates will be posted there)

“Linksheets” are super easy (Best used with the Live Hub) the SMP has a 30 MB size limitation (However, there is Beta “Homebrew” Firmware available to solve this.) http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7663&start=0

This is how Linksheets Work:

SHEETS FOR FILES: Rename the Moviesheet with a File Extension that matches your Movie File.
eg.
If you have… Watchmen.mkv then Rename your Moviesheet to Watchmen.mkv then cut and paste it into your Theme Folder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHEETS FOR FOLDERS: Rename the Moviesheet with NO File Extension
eg.
If you have… MYMOVIES folder then Rename your Moviesheet to MYMOVIES then cut and paste it into your Theme Folder.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The File Path to Place Moviesheets is the Root of your Theme folder (ie. where all the XML files are)
.wd_tv\theme\My Theme\ [Place Movie/LinkSheets here]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally the “Theme” designer includes these lines of XML code into their Theme which makes the “Linksheets” appear

For Gallery View: <image image=“@@browse_text” x=“0” y=“0” w="1280"h=“720” scale=“100” bg=“1”/>

For All Other Views: <image image=“@@focused_title” x=“0” y=“0” w=“1280” h=“720” scale=“100” bg=“1”/>

I will post the Linksheet version ALASKA RESURFACE REMIX within the next couple of days (feeling green around the gills today)

“Self Inflicted”

Hi Joey How you doing!? 

Joey  when you are viewing a Movie and hit “options” each Topics on the option list is hard to see,you get a  transparent black overlay screen in front of your video running and  the no-selected text on that screen are black too and is only visible when you scroll, in my opinion it will be better to see the text on other color  so can you tell me where I can change the code in the xml files to set the option list in other color!?

@Josh_K

When i hit the “Options” Button … this is what I *See*

Re-Download the Theme from Page(1)  … sounds like you have a old version … Page(1) has the Latest Version.

(Just double checking… Is the image above visable to everyone ?  If not here’s another link: http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/487/wdtvlivehub201301071949.jpg)

Oh, that looks complete different from what I see...

Ok I will redownload the theme from the 1st page link.

Thanks.

Edited:

That do the trick, the problem was the old version now with the new one looks ok....

Hey Joey by the way, the Text on that option list could be edited ? When you set the Hub in other language different than english the last option "Device auto sleep timer" gets out of the box.

The new Version is very cool.

Edited 2:

I Think the file that control that list is:

inc_option_menu_page_list.xml

What happens if I remove the last option that I think match with "Device auto sleep timer", because I don´t see or I don´t know and option to overide the default text, or maybe the solution is to disable that text option from showing on the list.

I think the line in red is the one : (please see spoiler)

<text text="@@browse_0_name" ymargin="0" y="171" active="@@act-browselist-0" selected="@@browse_0_select" speed="@@browse_0_speed" delay="1"/>
<text text="@@browse_1_name" ymargin="0" y="201" active="@@act-browselist-1" selected="@@browse_1_select" speed="@@browse_1_speed" delay="1"/>
<text text="@@browse_2_name" ymargin="0" y="231" active="@@act-browselist-2" selected="@@browse_2_select" speed="@@browse_2_speed" delay="1"/>
<text text="@@browse_3_name" ymargin="0" y="261" active="@@act-browselist-3" selected="@@browse_3_select" speed="@@browse_3_speed" delay="1"/>
<text text="@@browse_4_name" ymargin="0" y="291" active="@@act-browselist-4" selected="@@browse_4_select" speed="@@browse_4_speed" delay="1"/>
<text text="@@browse_5_name" ymargin="0" y="321" active="@@act-browselist-5" selected="@@browse_5_select" speed="@@browse_5_speed" delay="1"/>
<text text="@@browse_6_name" ymargin="0" y="351" active="@@act-browselist-6" selected="@@browse_6_select" speed="@@browse_6_speed" delay="1"/>
<text text="@@browse_7_name" ymargin="0" y="381" active="@@act-browselist-7" selected="@@browse_7_select" speed="@@browse_7_speed" delay="1"/>
<text text="@@browse_8_name" ymargin="0" y="411" active="@@act-browselist-8" selected="@@browse_8_select" speed="@@browse_8_speed" delay="1"/>
<text text="@@browse_9_name" ymargin="0" y="441" active="@@act-browselist-9" selected="@@browse_9_select" speed="@@browse_9_speed" delay="1"/>
<text text="@@browse_10_name" ymargin="0" y="471" active="@@act-browselist-10" selected="@@browse_10_select" speed="@@browse_10_speed" delay="1"/>
<text text="@@browse_11_name" ymargin="0" y="501" active="@@act-browselist-11" selected="@@browse_11_select" speed="@@browse_11_speed" delay="1"/>
<text text="@@browse_12_name" ymargin="0" y="531" active="@@act-browselist-12" selected="@@browse_12_select" speed="@@browse_12_speed" delay="1"/>

Joey,

Is the view with 15 thumbs on a page and the movie info on the left hand side in your new version of the Alaska Resurface theme as well please.

Cheers.

@ Josh_K

Problem resolved.  Text of any Lenght and Language now fits inside the Option Panel.

If the Text is too long … it will start scrolling inside the Option Panel when Highlighted.

Also resolved wrong HD icon /  Modified “Files” Browse Screen see Page(1) to download (Ver. is 1.4)  

@starwarsclark

I was reserving the 15 Thumbs Page for the “Linksheet”  version as i felt is was better suited for linksheets.

Sample: (still playing around with wall template design)

Thanks for the reply Joey, that looks lovely.

I have the SMP so not sure if I will be moving to linksheets due to the current 30Mb limit, unless the hack works of course, any chance you might think about putting it in the standard non-linksheet version?

Using this version on a SMP is just fine. I am running it on my SMP.

@starwarsclark

Just spent 50 Minutes Converting the Linksheet 15 Thumbview to a Non-Moviesheet Gallery View.

It’s still the cropped poster on the left, but you can always copy code from mods of the ‘old version’

Gonna watch TV now, it’s late and i’m knackered :wink:

ALASKA RESURFACE REMIX 15 THUMB GALLERY VIEW (By Request) … Click Me to Download

Wow just wow, what can I say but a huge thanks for your help and support.

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

If possible how do i add the restricted mpaa rating symbol to the non 15 thumb gallery view. 

Thanks Joey, I will try the new update v1.4.

By the time I have another observation:

When you are playing a movie and you press “pause” you get the control screen (play, forward,rewind etc) and in the same box there are two option on the right corner which are: “Close info” and “Time Search” my observation is related to these two items.

If you see both have the same color text in selected and non-selected state, so is very hard to tell wich option is selected at the moment.

I fixed it myself, I added a gray color when the option is in non-selected state, and the Selected option remains with black color.

I thought it will be a good idea report it because I see other themes wich have the same issue on the same place.

Please let me know what do you think!

@sceeter

MPAA only possible with the “Linksheet” Version.

ok thanks Joey, love the theme looks great on smp.

@Josh_K

Thanks, a little bug on my part. 

I you want to please PM me with any other things you find

(otherwise it’s gonna be pages and pages of bug reports) :wink:

Hi everyone !

I’m new on this forum, I apologize for my English, I’m French and I don’t master it wery well but I will force myself to be understood from everyone ! I apologize also for my poor knowleges on this domain, I’ve just bought the WD TV LIVE SMP a few days ago and it’s a wonderful world that I have discovered.

The Alaska theme is the most beautiful theme compatible for the SMP that I ever seen. Congratulations to the modder ! Seriously, I respect all the work that had been made for doing it, the quality is absolutely amazing.

I would have wanted to know if it’s possible to donwload the photoshop files used for the thumbnails (music, movie, games, main menu, set up…) in order to translate its in French.

Thanks a lot again for this beautiful theme.