Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

@inkkyon

Hi

Bit busy at the moment, but look at page 31 6th post down.

Using the Linksheet method, which is all documented here, I have made my own linksheet portrait views and just overlay them on the large icon, as the original theme.

Has said in previous post, the bulk off my video files are not movies, so only do the overlays for movies ( about 160 ) Although the SMP is limited to 30 Meg, still the size of my theme is only 7Mb with all 160 Linksheets for movies.

I made my Linksheets using Photo Elements, but can be done by any method you choose.

Thanks to JoeySmyth for his help in doing this - And his motto at the end of his mails :smiley:

SMP limitations, have already been solved/removed

we can run theme’s from thumbdrive on SMP

Where can I look to see how to run themes from a thumbdrive and where can I look to see the actual procedure to use moviesheets. I have been following this a little but until now I thought SMP users were not really suited to using moviesheets. Now that I see that we can use thumbdrives and moviesheets, I want to learn more.

Thanks … Rob

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/homebrew-now-available/td-p/523646

follow the link, I posted 2 links, one to the wdlxtv required, at minimum for initial set up

and 2 a link about osd stuff

I was surprised, this was made public, this early in the process

there’s very few instructions, but for those with just a bit of knowledge, it’s not difficult at all

just wdlxtv the device, then set 1 path using the cmd line

WOW WD??

This new design is too bright even for the dark force!

@KAD79:

yes, it is a great, new dimension of design - linksheets ( now also for SMP).

Many thanks to B-rad.cc  and to you for that really fantastic development!

Directly after X-mas I will try this … but I am not sure about the 

stability, since it is a very early beta-version. So your information

" … it’s not difficult at all

just wdlxtv the device, then set 1 path using the cmd line… "

is also a little bit of a (nice :smiley:) surprise for  me.

At the moment we haven’t a specialized version (linksheet) of the ALASKA  theme,

so we would change the XMLs manually like you posted in the wdlxtv board ?

yes, you’d have to edit the xml’s in the theme

while it really is easy to do, I’ll admit the instructions, are a bit spreadout currently

this will all be improved/streamlined in at a later date

@Steffen_2009

At the moment we haven’t a specialized version (linksheet) of the ALASKA  theme,

so we would change the XMLs manually like you posted in the wdlxtv board ?

Yes, it’s easy to Modify my Theme for use with Linksheets … But using Linksheets in Gallery View with Movies XML suffers slowdown. So the simple workaround is to delete the Movie xmls.

However, i don’t want to do this.   I would still like to use the Youtube Trailer feature and Info Views.

So ive been tinkering around with ways to still keep them and still use Linksheets. (In the process ive swapped a number of views around and mixed Linksheets with Standard thumbnail views. Below a test screenshots with the view description. The Linksheet is just basic info for the time being… there is still room for MPAA and Media Flags.

This is “Gallery View”  No Linksheets Used / Hub Movie Metadata / Standard Thumbnails [rv_gallery_browse_page.xml]

This is “Video Browse”  Linksheets Used  / Standard Thumbnails  [rv_video_browse_page.xml]

This is “List View”  No Linksheets Used  / Standard Thumbnails  [rv_list_browse_page.xml]

This is “Large Video View”  Linksheets Used   [rv_large_video_browse_page.xml]

This is “Preview View / aka Lowlist”  Linksheets Used / Standard Thumbnails   [rv_preview_browse_page.xml]

This is “Info View”  Standard Thumbnails / Hub Movie Metadata  [metadata_view_info.xml]

Re-designed Main Menu with Animated Scrolling Icons

Working on this … and also Non Moviesheet Version + Night Version … No idea when i’ll be done.

2 Likes

anybody try delete the tag from the xml’s

I suspect that the primary item slowing everything down.

also moviesheet size makes a big difference as well

just because the WD can display 1M moviesheet doesn’t mean we should have sheets that size

I recommend setting the thumbgen setting to limit file size to maybe 500kb

smaller files load faster

anyways, I’ll be doing more testing over the holiday, linksheets with xml’s

see if we come up with anything

deleteing the tag does makes no difference.

i havent noticed any speed difference between a 100kb Linksheet and a 1000kb

(for my theme above the Linksheets are 460x500 and are PNG approx 400kb
 there is no noticable speed difference if i used a 40kb JPG sheet.)

Changing the Resolution does make a speed difference, (if i increase to 480x720 … then there is a speed difference. slower)

Can you help me out and tell how I can get mine setup like this?  Been messing with it but can’t figure it out. I don’t even see this option when going through my views???

This is “Preview View / aka Lowlist”  Linksheets Used / Standard Thumbnails   [rv_preview_browse_page.xml]

@Waynesnside

These are “Work In Progress” Screenshots of implementing Linksheets in a TBA update for my

WDTV Live Hub - Alaska Resurface Theme.

Yes, thanks for your test-screenshots of the work in process , Joey. 

It is like having the possibility to look over the artist’s shoulder … :smiley: amazing .

About “linksheets” , in the test screenshot of ALASKA’s "List Viewy " there is no using of linksheets.

• Is it (generally) not possible using any linkssheets in  rv_list_browse_page.xml ?
  • Can we  use “linksheet” background-images in this xml/music_browse.xml ?

With “” linksheet" background-images " I mean large, dark fanart images.

These wallpapers could be used in several themes … quite flexible … as a “linksheet” background without processing lots of (?) manual design steps in a graphic programme. 

@all:

Merry Xmas - have a peaceful time and fun !!

@Steffen_2009

Thanks for the kind words…

About “linksheets” , in the test screenshot of ALASKA’s "List Viewy " there is no using of linksheets.

• Is it (generally) not possible using any linkssheets in  rv_list_browse_page.xml ?

“Linksheets” will work fine with the List View (rv_list_browse_page.xml)

I just decided to leave that View using Standard Jpg Covers because List is a “Shared View”

ie. Video, Music, Photos all reference or “use” the same XML.

It is possible to Include both codes for Linksheet and Standard covers in that view … but is a bit of a design challenge.

ie.

* If No Linksheet is Present then Display a Jpg Cover

* If a Linksheet is Present then Hide and Overlay it on top of the Jpg Cover

• Can we  use “linksheet” background-images in this xml/music_browse.xml ?

With “” linksheet" background-images " I mean large, dark fanart images.

Sure, Linksheets can be used as “Backgrounds” depending on Resolution / Image Size factors … Navigation speed will vary.

To Sum Up: There are lots of possibilities in the way Linksheets can be used …

Personally, i’m striving for Speed and  Simplicity. 

Merry Christmas

Yes, if the design has too many details it gets overloaded.

For me I tried backgrounds on the list-view the last days.

I think it is too much if the background changes every time I switch to  a differnt artist folder.

So I want to focus on the home-screen as an alternative.

What about using “linksheet” backgrounds on rv_home.xml ?

I posted already a question under

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Attention-Themers-1-12-14-Mochi-OSD/td-p/499030/page/10

It would be very fine, if we could use linkssets  there, too.

Heres the gallery view I redesigned after Joey uploaded photos.from his new theme. Wasnt sure when it was going to be released so i started it myself :slight_smile:

@bkafi

Please don’t hi-jack my thread.

There’s a wip test version a couple of posts down.

Hi Joey!

First I want to say I love this theme and this was the main reason to update to 3.05.10 and I’m very happy, In fact the non-moviesheet feature is excellente I never use it so for me is a Win.

By the way Joey are you working on a “dark version” right ? If that so, how is the progress!?

Thanks for your time.

@Josh_K

There’s a Light Version, Dark Version, Light Linksheet Version, Dark Linksheet Version.

All get’s a much to deal with, so i have to step away … and take a little break

(ie. watch tv shows or movies … which i the main reason i bought the Hub)

Here’s a “Preview” WORK IN PROGRESS of the White One (Non Moviesheet Version) … lots of stuff not done

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?a5md9yubd1gd9vf

I will post the Linksheet Version Tomorrow

Oh I See, I just want to know… and Its Ok Joey Take your time, the best works come with time.

Ah by the way I have two questions.

1. Which is the different between generate the Poster cover using the Hub and ThumbGen ? 

2. How is the correct format for the TV series Title ? because the Hub doesn´t find the info for my series and I have to use thumgen.