Adding custom agents to plex on EX4100

I would like to add a custom agent to my build in plex media server on the EX 4100 MyCloud. (Used to using xbmc and pre scanning media info, so i need a scanner for local files)

Now i found an agent exactly for that as well as an installation guide.
In short, move the corresponding files in the plug-in folder for plex.

unfortunatly i cannot find the plug-in folder. i tried a ssh connection but for the love of god i cant find the correct folder :frowning:

So, if anyone could point me in the right direction (Folder location oder alternative installation of said agent) i would be very greatfull.

Thank you for any input in advance!

Hello there,

I have not tried this, lets see if another user can share some information or tips on this matter.

Hi,

did you try WinSCP (if you are using a Windows PC) and there search for the mentioned folder?

1 Like

I think this is the location you are after -
/mnt/HD/HD_a2/plex_conf/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins

Cheers,

JediNite

2 Likes

Thank you guys! it works now.

@Lutz_Juwick WinSCP is exactly the program i was looking for yesterday but didn’t find (kind of a noob when it comes to things like that) so thanks a lot.

@JediNite Yes! that was exactly the path, thank you so much

I just copied the scanners i downloaded to the Folder JediNite suggested as well as to the “Scanner” Folder in the same directory
/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/plex_conf/Plex Media Server/Scanner

Scanner can now be configured and used for scanning video information :slightly_smiling:

If anyone else needs an xbmc scanner for plex, i got the files here: Metadata agents for exported XBMC library - Development - Plex Forum
Just rename as per instruction in github and copy them to the above mentioned directories