Plugin .Bundle In Plex Media Server

I wand to add a Plugin .bundle to my Plex Media Server inside the Plex Media Server in MY Cloud EX4. I’m being told this:
you only need to do three things:

1. Put the plug-in (the .bundle) directory, with all its contents, in Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins

2. Set plex as the owner of all the files in the plug-in

3. Restart Plex

I’m the Administrator but I don’t see a way of accessing it.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

You’ll need to do it via SSH.

Thank you very much

What command to add the bundle folder?

Thanks

I decide not to access it. I’ll leave things as is.

Thanks

Anyone else looking for information on this, it’s a bit more than “three things” :slight_smile:

1. Enable ssh access on your My Cloud.
  2. Download the 3rd-party channel zip file to your PC and unzip it into one of your My Cloud shares, for example, Public. The folder must have the extension .bundle.
  3. Use PuTTY or similar terminal program to connect to your My Cloud via SSH and login as user sshd.
  4. Confirm the location of the Plex plug-ins directory - on the My Cloud EX2 it is "/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/plex_conf/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins".
  5. Move the bundle from the Public share to the Plex plug-ins directory:
    # mv /shares/Public/name.bundle "/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/plex_conf/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins"
  6. Change the ownership of the plug-in directory and its contents to root:
    # chmod -R root:root "/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/plex_conf/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/name.bundle"
  7. Access Plex and you should see the newly-added plug-in on the Channels page.
1 Like

Though I have liked your post a while ago, I now am getting to do this on my new PR4100. do I use the " as well?

Thanks

“/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/plex_conf/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins” Permission denied

You need to use "s around the path due to the spaces. If you are getting “permission denied”, check that root has write access to the Plug-ins directory. This is what the permissions are on my EX2:

# ls -l "/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/plex_conf/Plex Media Server"|grep Plug-ins
drwxr-xr-x   13 root     root          4096 Feb 26 15:09 Plug-ins
1 Like

I’ll try it out and report. Thanks

1. In control panel go to Shares tab
  2. Set Up Shares
  3. Press PLUS
  4. add share named plex_conf
  5. Go to Apps tab
  6. Choose Web File Viewer (or install it first by pressing PLUS)
  7. Here’s your magical plex_conf folder with Plex\ Media\ Server/Plug-ins
2 Likes

Does anyone know the Plex Plug-ins path for the EX2 Ultra?

On mine, I can see everything up to “/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/plex_conf/Plex Media Server/”, however, I can cant change directory to “Plex Media Server”, I can just see it in the listing, so since I can’t see past that directory, I can’t see if there is a plug-ins directory.

Any help would be appreciated! I would love to install some bundles on my EX2 Ultra.

Thanks in advance!!
Greg

Thank you so much!!!