Add another wireless USB adapter to the approved list

If you need a wireless N adapter, the price is right on this one.

This past week, I added another WD Live Plus to the house (I got it gently used) – this one is in the bedroom.  My original Plus in the entertainment center is wired into the network, but I needed wireless for the second one.  Fortunately, the wireless router is about 10 feet away in a walk-in closet and connected to the CAT5 distribution box

So, I needed a USB Adapter for the first time.  Newegg had the I/O Gear Wireless N adapter Model GWU625 on sale recently for ten bucks!  What the heck, I took a chance that I would not buy a dud with my ten bucks, even if it is not on the WD approved list, and I was right.  I plugged it in, after setting up the new Plus as wired, and it was a snap to then connect the Plus wirelessly.  It had good range while setting it up downstairs, but it is even better ten feet away from the router.

thanks for sharing.

ragdexx wrote:

thanks for sharing.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the ‘Accept as Solution’ button for the post that solved your issue.

Sure, and it is still working fine.  BTW, how about a Kudo since you are promoting doing so in your replies?   :-)  :slight_smile: