Acronis WD edition

Does Acronis Ture Image WD edition allow the user to backup to ANY WD drive? I’m searching for a backup solution that will allow me to backup FROM a SATA HD and/or a WD BLACK SSD to any of these: WD ELEMENTS USB drive, MyBook ESSENTIALS USB drive and a WD MyCloud Home Duo. I was using Smartware Pro, and liked most of its features, but it doesn’t allow me to use all my drives.

Hi MrC1946,

Well Smartware Pro is an EOL software now. You can use Acronis True Image for backing up your WD drives. Acronis True Image WD Edition allows you to migrate your operating system, applications and data from one hard drive to another in automatic and manual modes. Acronis Partitioning Tools help to configure additional storage devices.

Hi MrC1946,

Below are the applicable products with Acronis True Image:

My Book Duo, My Book, My Book, My Book Duo, My Passport SSD, My Passport, My Passport Ultra (WD Backup), My Passport Ultra Metal, WD Blue SSD, WD Blue 3D NAND SSD, WD Green SSD, WD Black PCIe SSD, WD Blue, WD Blue (Mobile), WD Black, WD Black (Mobile), WD Gold, WD RE / WD RE4, WD Re+, WD Se, WD Red, WD Red (Mobile), WD Red Pro, WD AV, WD Blue SSHD, WD Black SSHD, WD Desktop Performance, WD Desktop Mainstream , WD Network, WD Laptop Mainstream , WD S25

Thanx for the replies Peter. I’ve been away from this for a week or so, but am now (eventually) going to get a new system. I would like to use my MY BOOK ESSENTIAL drive for backups, but the list of applicable WD drives in your post doesn’t show MyBookEssentials (mine is an older USB 2.0 model also) nor does the list include My Cloud Home Duo, so am I outta luck with ATI? If so, any suggestions for a backup program that will allow me to backup from (my new system) an M2 SSD to either My Book Essential and/or My Cloud Home Duo? Thanx again for your help.