I had two WD red 3TB drives in a synology NAS configured as raid. Everything was perfect, until -. I updated the synology OS (DSM) and it seems the drives somehow got corrupted.
- I have backups, so I’m not interested in restoring the data on the hdd’s.
- both hdd’s seem to be corrrupted (explained below).
- I removed one hdd and ran several tests. All test show perfect hdd.
- SMART - perfect.
- badblocks (linux) - non destructive r/w the whole drive - 0 errors
- WD Life Guard - PASS (the only test I didn’t run was the long one).
I’m pretty sure the drive is fine, but it is only showing up as about 800gb. How can I reset this back to 3TB?
- gparted (linux) - reports 1 partition 800gb
- windows disk management - reports 1 partition 800gb
- gnome-disk-utility (linux) - reports 1 partition 800gb