2 out of 3 PCs

I have a total of three PCs on my network (wired), My WD TV only sees 2 out of three and all other computers can see each others to include the third PC.  Also third PC can see WD TV but not the other way around.  All running WinXP.  Any ideas?

well… aahh… it just resolved itself, I guess it just needed sometime to see it unlike the other PCs for whatever reason… interesting

so let me get this straight, for what I’m reading: " for whatever reason" thumbnail view only works on USB drives connection but not on shared Drives over the network connections… WTF WD! really?

I have 1 pc ,3 laptops on the networks and everything works perfect i can acces movies on wd mybook connected to the wdtv live , wired or wireless ! shared works good, transfers movie files on laptop wireless, i run windows 7 ultimate.

vinnie_febs wrote:

so let me get this straight, for what I’m reading: " for whatever reason" thumbnail view only works on USB drives connection but not on shared Drives over the network connections… WTF WD! really?

First of all, this is the WDTV Live forum.  If you don’t have a Live unit, you should be posting in the WDTV forum.

The Live does indeed display thumbnails over shared network drives (in fact, it displays them twice, which is also wrong but I guess I’d rather have them once than not at all :>)

First of all “Mkelley” I have a WD TV Live, as far as I know WD TV does not do network.  And second, My thumbnails are not working over the network share at all (no picture display) but they do work fine on USB connections.  Not sure whats up

Hmmm – they work fine for me (except for being displayed twice, as I said).

Did you try resetting your Live?  (Because sometimes you need to clear the cache so it can see them properly).  After you reset it (with the paperclip) also try unplugging the power while it’s on.  Then reread the share and see if things start showing up again (I take it you don’t even see the thumbs as jpegs, right?  Because the real problem with thumbs is they show up both as jpegs AND as thumbs, so you have to scroll down until you get to the movies).

I see, hopefully they will find a fix for it.  In the mean time I’m just plugging it straight to the unit and it’s working fine that way and transferring the movies over the network to it.  Come on WD, let’s fix this please. Thank you