YouTube app causing device to reboot

I’ve pretty much settled on the idea that to replace the device I’ll have to go HTPC and build my own.  I’m hoping to see more come out about the NUC. A little worried that an AMD will be cheaper and superior as an HTPC where the NUC might be a better steambox.

Still having the problem… Are they going to fix it or what?

I, too, have had this same problem for a month and a half. About ready to give up on WDTV now that I have my gf moving in. Don’t want her to see how I have to scramble to advance videos manually before it does it automatically (and restarts). What about Apple TV? I was thinking maybe I could try one of those. Not sure if this is a “YouTube problem” and the same thing would continue to happen or if it’s just WDTV. **sigh** I remember the good 'ol days before YouTube Leanback when my WDTV Live worked great.

1 Like

Problem with ATV is the ATV3 isn’t jailbroken. There is the plex work around which if it’s not already will most likely get patched. Youtube has been giving me problems in my browsers as of late anyways. Might be the adblocking not sure but videos hang quite often. I’ve resorted to just downloading whatever I want to watch on youtube instead with plugins into h.264/mp4. The UI on Tube on the WDTV is pretty but is so sluggish it’s pointless. The whole rebooting thing doesn’t help matters either. If they could release an updated version of the SMP with improved theme support/GigE/dual band/bluetooth remote/Amazon/hbogo/**bleep** roku channels and improved channel update frequency I’d be delighted.

it would appear that YouTube has made a change to their interface that may be causing the WDs to crash.

Fix the problem !!!

Thanks

maintenant 1 mois qu’on a plus Youtube… c’est inacceptable !!!

Can’t Western Digital at least get in contact with the YouTube app developer and figure out what’s going on? Give us some feedback at least, let us know you are actually making an effort to investigate the problem.

1 Like

I honestly just use dlna or other to stream youtube vids to the wd or roku. The WD works out better for me as I just stream specific youtube channels via dlna. The interface even without the crashing is beautiful but slow as **bleep**.

+1 with YouTube app causing device to reboot

1 Like

Hello,

this issue has been escalated and is currently under investigation.

We need a spongebob image saying four months later…

1 Like

@Hamlet, thank you. Just knowing that you guys are at least investigating the problem alleviates a lot of my worries for now.

I’m having the exact same problem with my WD TV Live.  I use the YouTube Leanback app a lot, so hopefully WD will fix it soon.

1 Like

Better to hook a computer up to your TV and access all your content that way, be it streaming like Youtube, or Netflix or be it local media… especially music.

XBMC F. T. W.

I have no faith that wd is ever going to fix the problem with the Youtube “app” and reboots.

I’m having the same problem even on the new firmware (1.16.13). It’s driving me crazy!! Fantastic app if it worked!

thegherks wrote:

I’m having the same problem even on the new firmware (1.16.13). It’s driving me crazy!! Fantastic app if it worked!

They haven´t fix it yet

I’m having the same problem.

Yes and I think WD’s offical work around says to NOT use the Youtube leanback app. Use the OTHER youtube app on your Hub. Well fine, but that results in a reboot too. :frowning:

So, now we wait for SOMEONE to fix it. (I hate leanback anyway)

Also the other app doesn’t play videos in HD

Having searched around the net, it appears this issue apllied to other models and had been fixed in the latest firmware update. So why is it taking so long to get a fix for the WDTV Live Streaming Gen3.

Anyone heard back from WD? I sent a message about 4 days ago stating they would be in touch within one business day,

:confounded:

WD tech support replied today telling me to reboot and reset (done many times) and if that doesn’t work send it back for a replacement. They obviously aren’t talking to each other as this appears to be a problem for everyone!

SORT IT OUT WD!