Which drives are CRM?

I am interested in purchasing some WD portable drives. I require CRM and not SRM. Which portable drives use CRM? Thanks.

PS: And, I also do not want DMSRM which lies to the computer and claims to be CRM. I require CRM at the level of the physical recording media.

Hi @danv,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

i recommend to get your acronyms correct when asking questions … otherwise people won’t know what you’re talking about.

it’s CMR (Conventional Magnetic Recording) and SMR (Shingled Magnetic Recording)

WD Support won’t be much help to you … i’d recommend just Googling it.

Lot’s of WD Model Numbers in the link below. See if the portable drive you want is there.

Thank you for pointing that out. I was being sloppy there.
I’ll go by the list. I don’t think it’s exhaustive, but it’s definitely good enough.
Very helpful.

Portable drives, like those from WD, typically don’t have CRM capabilities at the level of physical recording media.
If you’re specifically looking for CRM functionality at the level of physical recording media, you may need to explore specialized solutions or technologies beyond traditional portable drives.
Additionally, if you’re considering enhancing your business operations, you might want to look into Acumatica VAR implementation. Acumatica is a flexible and comprehensive ERP system that can help streamline your business processes and improve customer relationships.