Like most, we are always interested, but wary of new operating system software. While there seem to be few narrative descriptions of the benefits of the new operating system, there is a helpful table comparing OS 3 and OS 5 (Answer ID Answer ID 29389). Unfortunately, the comparison table gives the impression that the new OS 5 has many fewer features than OS 3. Perhaps, because we don’t perceive the inherent improvements.
Can anyone give a fair description of why OS 5 would be a positive upgrade and how it can benefit users? We are particularly concerned when we see areas such as:
- No desktop app or Admin renaming.
- No remote dashboard access.
- No local network access without internet connection.
- Inability to copy files or move between shares.
- Missing video and music features.
- No cloud services integration (Google Drive, One Drive, Dropbox, Adobe)
Perhaps, some of these features have been replaced by other improved features, but we don’t see where. Thank you for any clarification for a novice user.