WDTV Live + allegro NFS

I finally got samba to work but I would really like to use NFS. I own Alegro NFS (which I paid for) and used it with a tvix previously; but, the WDTV has got me stymied, flummoxed and confused. My firewall is set up to allow the wireless bridge and ip address I’m using with the WDTV and it works with samba. Does anyone know the settings for WDTV Live plus and Allegro NFS? I’ve been trying to figure this out for weeks but it has to be something simple. Thanks!

Skipper wrote:
I finally got samba to work but I would really like to use NFS. I own Alegro NFS (which I paid for) and used it with a tvix previously; but, the WDTV has got me stymied, flummoxed and confused. My firewall is set up to allow the wireless bridge and ip address I’m using with the WDTV and it works with samba. Does anyone know the settings for WDTV Live plus and Allegro NFS? I’ve been trying to figure this out for weeks but it has to be something simple. Thanks!

Does the plus support NFS ? The WDTV Live only supports NFS in homebrew.

Good question, I wondered that myself but, from looking at b-rad etc. I don’t think there is 3rd party firmware yet. I guess I should ask, does the WDTV live plus support NFS with the original firmware? If not, that would explain a lot.

Skipper wrote:
Good question, I wondered that myself but, from looking at b-rad etc. I don’t think there is 3rd party firmware yet. I guess I should ask, does the WDTV live plus support NFS with the original firmware? If not, that would explain a lot.

b-rad is working on a homebrew version for the plus. If the stock FW of the plus supports NFS, then you should have an option for that in the menu. But I highly doubt that.

No.  The Live+ does NOT support NFS out of the box.

There’s no way to configure mount points.  (And, I don’t think NFS is broadcast-discoverable, is it?)