Just in the event someone from WD missed this info in the SSD forum:
The new V18.104.22.168 is not installing properly on some Windows 10 systems.
The Support Download site does not send a proper file when downloading you get V2.4.0
When downloaded the file size of the V2.4.0 is 175kb in exe format (Think it’s supposed to be zip)
- Download the Western Digital SSD Dashboard to your hard drive
- Open the downloaded image file by double clicking on the file WesternDigitalSSDDashboardSetup.zip
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the installation
- When the installation has completed successfully, click on the Finish button
- The SSD Dashboard will automatically launch and load the Status section
The Notes there mention V2.5.0 but indicate V2.4.0 as the download version"
See this thread for the myriad of issues: