"WDMyCloud is Missing" in WD Sync -- Won't Synchronize

What setup did you follow that was written by WD? What is your OS? Are you setting up WD Sync initially while connected to the local network or while in a remote location?

I have no problems syncing to a remote My Cloud (single bay) using the WD Sync software. It appears those with Mac’s (especially those with El Capitan) are having trouble with the WD Sync software.

If the My Cloud you want to sync to is not on your local network then, during the WD Sync software installation you can select “Sign in” that one see’s on the following setup screen. And sign in using your MyCloud.com web portal account login.

If the WD Sync software is already installed then one can change the My Cloud they are syncing too by right clicking on the WD Sync icon on the Windows taskbar, then select “Settings”. From the “Folders” screen you can select “Add Device…” which will bring up a similar screen as to the one shown above. From there select “Sign in” and all My Cloud’s associated with your MyCloud.com web portal account should be shown. Here is an example from my end; The My Cloud listed on the left is on my local network, the My Cloud on the right (denoted by the red arrow) is a family member’s My Cloud 200 miles away.

Using the WD My Cloud Desktop program to access that remote My Cloud, here is the proof that I was able to sync several files from the My Cloud sync folder on my local computer to that remote My Cloud.

If the remote My Cloud doesn’t show up or is not listed then its possible there is a problem with the remote access settings on that My Cloud. Its important to ensure the that in the Dashboard > Settings > General > Cloud Access section the “Connection Status” indicates just “Connected” and not “Connected (Relay connection established)”. If it indicates “Connected (Relay connection established)” then one may have to access their router and enable port forwarding to forward (if the configuration for “Remote Access” is to “Default”) the default remote access ports of 80 and 443 to the My Cloud’s IP address.