'WDMyCloudEX4100' is missing

I have the latest firmware release for the EX4100, but I’m still getting the “‘WDMyCloudEX4100’ is missing” error. It only seems to happen after the laptop has been moved out of the network which the WDMyCloud resides on. This is happening on multiple laptops, but NOT the one desktop computer I have connected to the network (for testing purposes).

CONFIGURATION: I have properly and correctly followed all the instructions for setting up the EX4100, at least to the best of my knowledge.

OPERATION: I have confirmed the WDMyCloud is active and online.

ACCESS: I have (wired) access to the EX4100 directly with computers on the network (including any laptop which is currently getting the “‘WDMyCloudEX4100’ is missing” error). I have access to the EX4100 through any Browser (FireFox, Chrome, IE, Edge, etc.). And I have access to the EX4100 through our network connection (while connected to the office network).

TROUBLESHOOTING: In addition to the below noted tactics, I have read through and attempted most of the suggestions on this thread (LINK: WDMyCloudisMissing)

REBOOT: I have rebooted the system numerous times in an attempt to verify steps taken to resolve this issue.

FIREWALLS: I’m using Norton AV (which takes over my Windows Firewall settings). In addition to including the programs listed below (1), I have completely disabled BOTH firewalls to test the theory that a firewall is blocking access. No success!

(1) WD Sync Locations added to firewalls:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Western Digital\WD App Manager\Plugins\WD Sync\App\WDSyncService.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Western Digital\WD App Manager\Plugins\WD Sync\App\WDSyncUI.exe

REMOVE/REBUILD DEVICE: This seemed to be the only fix, but unfortunately is merely a temporary fix. Aside from being temporary, it is not feasible for us to continuously rebuild device arrays on multiple laptops when those laptops are spread out across the country.

If someone has a permanent solution, please share.

Sounds like a service on the NAS that dies and does not get restarted for some reason. Personally never used this feature, but that would be my guess…

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en