WDLXTV - Can't install original firmware

Has anyone successfully reflashed original firmware? I have tried and it won’t recognize the firmware. The instructions in DLXTVs ReadMe is old and doesn’t exactly apply. Any help with the procedure?

I reflashed original firmware on my 3 WDTV’s before i sold them on EBAY

If you’re not using “rollback firmware” then you’ll have to edit the *.ver file using notepad to a higher revision number.

I’m pretty tech savvy, but it is not working for me, I have edited the .ver file, I can reflash DLXTV all day long, but I cannot get the original firmware file to be recognized, I have the Plus model, I don’t see a rollback firmware for the Plus

actually, my bad … rollback firmware won’t work from WDLXTV

what you need to do is … grab the ver file from your WDLXTV zip file (hope you still have it or know where to download it)

edit it to one number higher … eg 1.05.04_B.WDLXTV_PLUS-0.5.2.2 to 1.05.04_B.WDLXTV_PLUS-0.6.2.2

then copy and replace the ver file in the Official Firmware download with it

once it’s flashed … you’ll be back to Original Firmware with an original firmware revision number (after reboot)

Actually your discussion helped me a lot. I did find the roll back firmware for my unit and it worked perfect. The first firmware I downloaded form the WD support site (non rollback) simply wasn’t recognized, thanks for your input.

oh ok … did’nt think rollback fw would work ?

guess it has a higher revision number in the ver already … anyways

glad it worked for ya :slight_smile:

1 Like