Live plus update

Sigh

Late to the table here.

Should have known better than to let it update without looking here first.  In the past I’ve always been able to recover it though.

I’ve tried rolling back via KB 5800, won’t give me a new firmware found icon since previous was 1.05 something.

Tried a static IP address

Nothing I do can make it find any media in Network  Shares. 

Is there a work around I’ve not found yet. 

Please help

Thanks

If you’re not downloading the firmware FROM THAT PAGE, then it’s not going to work.

Don’t just use an older download from the update page, it MUST be the firmware linked on the KB5800 article.

Hi Tony

That was the first one I tried before anything else.  When that failed, it set me off trying the other suggested ideas.

I’d like to know what I need to do to get it to see the rollback.  Used a blank jump dirve, and no dice. :\

Open up the .VER file that’s in the package and post what it says.

ver from WD website newest available download: 1.06.42_B

ver on rollback they offer 2.06.16_B (on the zip file it says 1.06.16 when unzipped it says 2.06.16 in the ver file)

ver currently showing in box about field  1.06.43_V

ver I had before I stupidly updated: 1.05.04

Looking at the about page and seeing the V instead of the B  makes me wonder too.

The onscreen says WD TV Live HD Media Player, doesn’t say Plus. It’s been a long while since I bought it. Maybe I’m taking the wrong version of firmware.  Doesn’t work so what do I have to lose by trying other things.

You’re downloading the wrong software.

_B is for the PLUS

_V is for the LIVE.

If your “About” field says 1.06.43_V then you do NOT have the PLUS, you have the WDTV Live HD, so you need to download the rollback package for the WDTV Live, not the Plus software.

I did download teh V version.  It’s rebooting as I type here.  As always; it’s not the wheel, it’s the nut holding the wheel.

Now I just hope this version will let me have network shares back.  Fingers crossed.  Will let you know after it’s done updating.

One funny thing though; the version file while saying 1.06.15 zip shows in the text editor as 2.06.15. ???

It worked.  AMEN.

Will have to send the Patriot box I ordered yesterday back…Mmmmmm maybe I’ll wait.

Next item:   Does anyone know a simple way to make it not show “New firmware found” when booting it?

Also going to have to play a little with it.  Would like it to be widescreen again, not the little box with black bars on the side.

Like I said, been so long since I played with the settings, and tried factory reset after the firmware fiasco, so no I can play some more.

pheasant58 wrote:

One funny thing though; the version file while saying 1.06.15 zip shows in the text editor as 2.06.15. ???

That’s what makes the file work as a rollback.  It fools the WD into thinking OLDER firmware is actually NEWER, otherwise it’s just ignored.

pheasant58 wrote:

Next item:   Does anyone know a simple way to make it not show “New firmware found” when booting it?

Do a search here in this forum - this has been answered a few times - you need to use your router to block access to support.wdc.com to the IP of the WD TV