WD wireless pro 4tb lots of issues

I just received mine and while tt seems to to be fine as usb drive and to back up sd cards and even xqd ones, the rest is a mess.
Trying to connect via app from a iPad Pro 2018 is extremely unstable and slow. Loading pictures is just too slow, I mean compared to my nas This is 1000 slower. Trying to connect it to my WiFi, even when placing it next to the router, makes it never visible, I even assigned a fixed ip on my router .,. To no avail.
Trying to access the dashboard, via AP and WiFi mode, via name and ip, does not work. So I am lest with the iPad app for settings.

It is rather frustrating. I will keep it as it is a decent usb drive and cards backup, but for the rest very disappointing, and reading the forum bad experience is the norm.

2 Likes

Hello Fpex,

Did you update the firmware version of your My Passport Wireless Pro to the latest v1.04.17 ?

Same ■■■■ for me with windows 10 and last firmware. too slow and buggy with the rights. This product is useless, unusable !

I have the same issue. I am trying to use it on my Ipad with Lumafusion but it refuses to transfer the files fast enough to even use it. Very frustrating as this was what I got it for in the first place.

I have the same issues as well . The speed over Wifi is like having a dial-up connection. Viewing images or copying files etc from laptop or iPad is extremely slow. The only way to use it to connect it directly to a computer using USB . This makes having the product worthless, better to buy just a regular hard drive