Wd uses which internal drive in my book 4 tb external hdd?

Hello,
to all of you.
I want to buy My Book 4 TB external power source HDD(WDBFJK0040HBK), but before I want to know WD uses which Internal Drive in this External Enclosure? and Please let me know Is there any way by which I can off the Hardware encryption in this drive?
Hope to see reply soon.
Thank You.
COMPUTER_GEEK

1 Like

The internal hard drive within the enclosure is randomly selected when built. Depending on model, the internal hard drive in an external enclosure could be either SATA or native USB,.

If encryption is a concern then I’d recommend a WD Elements as opposed to a WD My Book.

Hello,
@Trancer
Thank you for this reply, actually, I wanted to know Which Internal Drive means WD Green, or some one other use in My book external Hdd?, actually, here in my country I read many reviews regarding the WD Green Drive is very much prone to failure comparative to other drives.Regarding the Hardware encryption, I don’t need any type of encryption that’s why I asked because I’ve heard that if the USB controller on these External hdd’s failed then the data stored on the drive also lost, and we cannot recover the data by placing the hdd in some other enclosure, that’s why I asked this.Hope this helps.
Thank You.
COMPUTER_GEEK

Yeah! Fantastic WD!!!

It can even be of a different manufactor!!! That’s a JOY to know!!!