WD TV now ignoring all '"new" media files on my external drives

I have the WD TV Live player as follows:

P/N : WDBHG70000NBK-01
S/N : [Deleted]

which has been connected to various external hard drives or USB sticks over the past years. Each time I connect a HDD to the player the Video tab on the menu informs me how many new items it has found on the drive and updates its internal database. I have more than a thousand titles which have played without any problem at all.

Now, over the last week, any new title on any external source will not play - although it shows up on the WD TV list of available files. If I remove the external source and reinsert the source the Video tab on the player informs me each time of the same number of “new” items it has found. So it is basically ignoring any new items in its internal database.

I have deleted the wd_tv folder on the external source but there is no improvement.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!

PLT

Is this happening with a particular external hard drive? Are those files indexed and playable from a different source?

Is this happening with a particular external hard drive?>>

No. It happens on all storage media including SDHC memory cards. The files are not playable by the WD drive.

Are those files indexed and playable from a different source?>>

The affected files are all playable from any other source including my PC.but not the WD drive.

I have now discovered that files - contained within a subfolder - are seen and are playable by the WD drive. Only files in the root directory of the WD drive are not playable.

Thanks for your response.

PLT