New files added to HDD are deleted when connected to WD Media Player

Hi there,

I have a first generation WD TV Media player with the 1.03 firmware.  Occasionally when I copy new movies to my external hard drive, and then connect the drive to the media player, the new files do not show in the file list.  If I connect the hard drive back to my computer, the files that I had just added are not on the drive.  This only happens sometimes.

Has anyone else had this problem, or heard of this problem, or have a fix?

Thanks,

I haven’t much experience with the Live Player as I have only recently purchased it. And, though I’ve read many of the posts in this forum I have yet to come across one that deals with your problem.

If I were you, I would make note of the storage space on the internal hdd of my pc both before and after copying and saving a dvd movie to it. This would ensure that the dvd movie is actually saved to your pc’s hdd. Also make note of the amount of storage space on your eternal hdd both before and after you copy a film to it from your pc.

Differences in the amount of storage space you are registering will let you know if the movie is actually deleted or just not being seen.

gruvenn wrote:

Hi there,

I have a first generation WD TV Media player with the 1.03 firmware.  Occasionally when I copy new movies to my external hard drive, and then connect the drive to the media player, the new files do not show in the file list.  If I connect the hard drive back to my computer, the files that I had just added are not on the drive.  This only happens sometimes.

Has anyone else had this problem, or heard of this problem, or have a fix?

Thanks,

Welcome to the forums.

The easiest way to solve this is to delete the small WD file/folder that exists on the root of your hard drive.  This will then force the WD to rebuild the cache that shows the files.

Thanks for the advice.  (I just noticed i posted this in the wrong forum - there is another one for the the normal WD TV)

When copying files to the drive, they are there / accessible before connecting to the media player.  I will try deleting the WD file folder before re-connecting the drive to the player when I have added new files.

What file system are you using on the external drive?

Are you remembering to Safely Remove the storage before you detach it from the PC?