WD TV Live Hub freezes after some time of playing videos

Hello,

i turn the media library off, and the freezes are gone…

Best regards

gerd 

But then that is not a real solution, right ? Media Library is something that is supposed to be a part of the system. So if that itself needs to be off then I am surprised.

Yes, i know…but for me its ok - i don’t use the media library function 

gerd 

Hi everyone, I’d like to share my experience hoping that it could help Wd in fixing this issue. Since my last update I had a freeze in a video, always at the same moment. The image freezes but the sound goes on. If i stop the vidéo and start it again, nothing happens, the waiting arrow turns forever. I reproduced the issue several times, having unplugged the power cord between occurrences, I never succeded playing this video after that moment. However having followed the last messages in this thread I tried to deactivate the media library (not sure about the name of the option as my live hub interface is in french) in the system settings, and now I can play the video without freeze So my guess is that there is definitly a bug related to media library. Hope this helps

Ok forget about my previous post, a few hours later it’s worse, now it freezes elsewhere in the video (at a moment that was playing before) and when i try to play something else the live hub just reboots. I think I’m just going to send it back, this kind of issue is not what i expected from a € 200 media player

This might be related:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6615/

Gaboo_bl, if this happens always in the same place, with only one specific video, it might be that the video have a bad code?

Why don’t you post the Mediainfo of this video?

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2745/session/L3RpbWUvMTMxMDY1ODMyMS9zaWQvbUhqNWdaeWs%3D

oxter

thanks for your answer. This specific video always hanged at the same moment so I first thought of a problem in the file, but a few hours after having deactivated media library it hanged at a different moment (which is sooner in the video that the first hang). Yesterday I managed to play the file to the end with no problem, without touching the file or copying it again. The only thing I did differently from before is unpluging the network cord, but I’m not sure this is related because the box rebooted several times before I did this.

Anyway the fact that I finally managed to play the file completely makes me think that the issue is more related to the box than to the file itself. I have two other files that have the same problem (one of them I managed to watch flawlessly on a different device), so I’ll test another file with the network still unplugged to see what happens.

I’ll try to do the mediainfo thing on those files to see if it helps, but it’s look like the program is for windows and I have only linux boxes at home, It may take a while before I provide this There’s linux releases ! :dizzy_face:

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net

has builds for Windows, MAC, 11 variants of Linux, Solaris, BSD Unix, and source code.  :)

I got the same problem. It starting to “lagg w/o sound” and then freezes.

What i did was to turn off the subtitle with the remote, that solved my problem. Or try turn on the sub’s etc.

The movie I was watching where a .mp4 file with two sub’s built in.

When I think on it, IM almost certain that the freeze and lag only happened on movies with sub’s and .mp4.

@srijans, I completely agree with you, this device loses nearly all its “raison d’être” without a network connection - It’s been a month I am “feeding” it with a USB key, it’s crazy ! How come WD haven’t solved this problem yet ?

For information, I have downgraded the firmware, but the problem is still the same: as soon as I plug the ethernet cable, the device freezes, and I have to take the power off.

Sorry, I speak english a little.

My Wd freezes after some time of playing videos.

The menu goes very slow. It was terrible

I disable “access mobile” (new in configuration) and WD Live Hub stop freezing. Fast Menu, like before the last firmware.

I have ethernet cable, no WIFI.

:smileyvery-happy:

I also have freeze problem, however, mine might be caused by different source.

I have 2 WD TV Live Hubs. Both are on wireless (untill I run cat 5 to them). I always upload videos into one particular Hub. Second Hub is being mirrored using my desktop over wireless from the first hub. My video freeze usually happens during whole mirroring process, so that can be the cause. Also as I mentioned I do use wireless, so the possibility of network packets coming in corrupted is high, and Hub might just not be able to deal with it gracefully. Another difference, as above poster mentioned, I do have mobile uploads enabled on the Hub that freezes. 

So I will try to turn off mobile uploads, although it is very usefull feature, and see if it helps.

I also have problems with my HUB freezing, even if I just lefeave it on without playing anything and IT DOES SEEM like the problem is Ethernet connected. I tried everything else but simply unplugging the ethernet cable makes everything (except online service/network) run very well. However, as I use my HUB as a mediaserver and for watching Netflix this is not acceptable to me.

I wonder if the issue could be resolved by reconfigurating the network settings on my router (netgear). Does anyone have an idea?

I think it is as simple as resetting the device!
I did a bunch of things like setting a reserved ip address for My Hub, setting network to automatic on the Hub, but what I think did the trick was resetting the Hub through Setup, System, Reset everything but online login info (I think it is called).
So far I have managed to watch an avi file and am now streaming Netflix without any issues.
:slight_smile:

I am also expereicing a similar issues playing any avi or mvk files through a NAS after upgrading firmware. Has anyone got any update from WD support?

Rerunning config. on the router seems to have done the trick! It’s been a week now with only one freeze.

Hi there…

I still have the same problem, when connect my WD Live Hub to Ethernet freezes and also when connect to my macmini per to per with Ethernet. I have firmware 2.07.17 (last one), and also I downgrade to the 2.06 and still the same problem !

Any help there???

Hi there… Did you find any solution?

try reconfiguring your lan setup on your router. it seems to have done the trick here. and it only makes sense that the issue is with your lan setup as unplugging the hub from it makes it stop freezing.

good luck.