WD Sentinel DX4000 - Major Setup Problems

Hi. Just purchased a WD Sentinel DX4000, starting to wish I hadn’t. Cannot get through step 3 of the installation guide, it will not install the connector software. I just get an error message telling me “cannot connect computer to the network, an unexpected erorr has occurred. For more information, see Troubleshoot connecting computers to the server”.

The PC is running Windows 7 Professional. I’m using a Netgear N600 Wireless Modem Router as well as a TPlink 8 port gigabit switch. Tried EVERYTHING I can think of to get it to install. Using the router only, using the switch only, resetting the DX4000, resetting the PC, turning off the firewall, uninstalling virus software.

Anyone had any problems similar or have a suggestion to resolve it?

Fixed! Thought popped up in my head this morning, I’ve tried everything so what if it is the cable that WD provided? So took a few spares to the office and replaced the Cat 5 cable that WD provided (why???) with a Cat 6 and presto, connecting perfectly!

Thanks for sharing with the community how you fixed your case. 

No worries, having more problems now so will start another post as I can’t find any other fixes for these problems