'An unexpected error has occurred" while installing ComputerConnector

Hi

I bought a Sentinel DX4000 over the weekend and am installing it.  I followed the manual and everything went fine with the install up until the point at which I try to install the ComputerConnector.  After I start it it launches the ‘Connect a Computer to the Server’ wizard, I click Next a couple of times and then it says ‘An unexpected error has occurred.  To resolve the issue contact the person responsible for your network.’  Since I am the person responsible for the home network that’s not particularly useful…  The link to troubleshooting implies that the error occurs when the machine has non-Ascii characters in the name which is not the case.

My rig is a homebrew i7-990X with 24GB RAM running Windows 7 Ultimate.  It’s connected to a Netgear wifi router running DHCP and has one other machine on it.  The Sentinel is connected to it and gets a generic 192.168.x.x IP address from it.

I have never successfully launched Launchpad or Connector, so it’s not like it’s an old box where I forgot the password or something.

Any help appreciated.

Reboot the server and try again.  If it still fails look in the log files.

Log file location, C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Server\Logs

This is a hidden folder