WD Community

WD Passport Ultra is detected, but I can't access the files

My PC is recognizing the hard drive as a device, but I’m unable to access any of the data that’s stored on the device. Any suggestions?

I’ve already tried replacing the USB cable, trying it on other computers, reinstalling the device driver, and restarting the computer. Please take a look at the following screenshots for reference:

I had the same thing happen to mine a few weeks ago and haven’t had any luck. I have three years of pictures and files that are not backed up. Did you have any luck with recovery?

Mine was having the same issues. All i did was switched cords and plugged into another PC.I made sure i ejected it from the new PC. After that i brought i back to the PC that i always us and it popped right up.
hope this helps

Support for Western Digital Hard Drives | Western Digital

Still Need Help?

Reach out to Support for more assistance.

Sign in to Your Support Account

Get up-to-date information about your products.

Western Digital Business Portal

Unlock benefits and tools for your business such as enterprise support, pricing and rebate tools, marketing, loyalty, rewards, and more.