WD Passport stopped mounting and can't be erased

Hi, I have a WD Passport (2011) that I was using for backups. It was working fine not too long ago, but suddenly stopped being able to mount to my computers. I thought it was Big Sur at first after I upgrade laptops, so I tried it on my old laptop with Mojave, and it still won’t mount. I’m trying to just erase/reformat it at this point. But because it won’t mount, I can’t. I tried going through the terminal to see if it could erase/reboot it that way, but that didn’t work either. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Hello,

Please refer to the following KBA article;WD external drive is not seen by Windows or Mac and data on the drive is inaccessible
and we would recommend you perform a diagnostic test over the drive to determine the optimal health of the drive

Please refer to the following KBA article for performing a diagnostic test on the drive: Setting up and using WD Security and WD Drive Utilities

Caution: Erasing the drive will remove all its data. Please ensure to recover data before erasing the drive.