WD Community

WD P50 poor speeds with PS5

I could not see where I could post this but I won one of these drives on the WD Black twitch stream, I am now tryign to use it with my PS5 however it is taking 1 minutes 48 secodns to transfer 38GB from the ps5 to the p50. P50 to PS5 takes 4 minutes 52 seconds, this is via both usb c to c and c to a. I’ve also nnoticed that if it is formatted as exfat by the pc, the ps5 does not detect it and says it needs to be formatted as exfat, and vica versa, like it’s 2 different versions of exfat

Support for Western Digital Hard Drives | Western Digital

Still Need Help?

Reach out to Support for more assistance.

Sign in to Your Support Account

Get up-to-date information about your products.

Western Digital Business Portal

Unlock benefits and tools for your business such as enterprise support, pricing and rebate tools, marketing, loyalty, rewards, and more.