My WD My Passport Ultra 2TB suddenly got VERY slow

My WD My Passport Ultra 2TB is less than 6 months old and, until today, was working perfectly. Suddenly, I’m transferring 5GBs of video into it (something I do at least 4 times a week) and it tells me it’ll take around 17-20 mins, which I find VERY odd, as it normally takes 2, 3 mins., max! So I download the Blackmagicdesign Speed Test for the first time and run the drive through the test. The results are these:

Now, there are 2 issues here, I think. The first, I’ve just seen a video of someone testing his own My Passport (not even the Ultra version) and getting speeds up to 100 MB/s, which makes me question whether all of a sudden my drive has dropped to about half its speed. And the second issue is that, if you do the math, at 60MB/s my drive should write 5GB in around 83 secs., that is 1 min. 20 secs… not 20!

So I’m wondering what’s going on here. The only fact I know for absolute sure is that yesterday I could write about 5GB of video into my drive in around 2 mins (which responds to the math I’ve just done) and today it’s taking around 20.

EDIT: Ok, so I’ve just reboot my Mac and disconnected an reconnected everything and am now back to transferring 5GBs of video data in about 2 mins. I don’t know what it was but it’s solved now. Still, I’d like to know if everyone’s WD MP Ultra has these same data rates because the fact that someone who has a MP (not Ultra) is getting twice the speed I am is disconcerting, to say the least.

I’m glad this has been resolved.