WD Mypassport Ultra 1TB not recognised by computer

Hi,
I had dropped my external hard-disk by mistake and it no longer shows on my computer although it is visible under the “Devices and Printers” section showing that the “device is working properly”. Please help as I have some really important data in it. When connected to the computer the light is on and there is a soft humming sound similar to a normal working hard-disk.

Waiting eagerly for a helpful suggestion.

Run a SMART test on the drive:

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=940

Hi @Great_Scottt,

Thank you for your reply.

I did as per your suggestions but did not do the Erase step as I would lose all my data. My results of Quick test and Extended Test are as follows:
Test Option: QUICK TEST
Model Number: WD My Passport 0820
Unit Serial Number: Deleted by Moderator
Firmware Number: 1012
Capacity: 0.00 GB
SMART Status: Not Available
Test Result: PASS
Test Time: 21:56:30, June 23, 2017
Test Option: EXTENDED TEST
Model Number: WD My Passport 0820
Unit Serial Number: Deleted by Moderator
Firmware Number: 1012
Capacity: 0.00 GB
SMART Status: Not Available
Test Result: PASS
Test Time: 21:56:41, June 23, 2017
Page 1 of 1
file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Western%20Digital%20Corporation/Data%20Lifegu… 23-Jun-17

Please suggest my next course of action in order to recover my data.

Thank you.

Does the drive show up under Disk Management?

@Great_Scottt, the drive doesnot show on disk management.

The only conclusion I can draw is that the drive has been damaged by the fall it took. I’m not sure why it’s passing SMART, but considering it doesn’t seem to be recognized anywhere else and there seems to be no way to access anything on it…I’d replace the drive. If you don’t have a backup of your data, you’ll need to go to DR first - Both links can be found at the link below:

HI @Great_Scottt
But my device is visible at “Add Devices” section. Please help me with the data recovery process as i dont have a backup of the documents of the HDD.

We do not directly provide Data Recovery - In the link I gave you in the last post click on “Need Data Recovery?” for a listing of companies that provide this service.