WD MyCloud Gen2 - Enable apps install tab + Apps!

I wish you have invested a bit more time in reading this forum.

I have created the file and gave you the link for it, where as you can see, I have been doing it for a while now and you keep asking that someone should create the file?

I have also explained in detailed on how to create the file if you have the knowledge and you can look up that yourself if you wish, in my posts or you can download the file from the link and install it as I have done, when you asked for it.

I have “resolved” it trying different versions… some of them work, some not.

What are you trying to install?

Nada, algunas aplicaciones funcionan y otras no… y tampoco he conseguido encontrar ningún log con el error :frowning_face:. De hecho he probado con varias aplicaciones que tenía guardadas y comprobadas que funcionaban en versiones anteriores y ahora no van.

Algunas incluso las reempaquete yo, y no van, y otras que también lo hice si que funcionan.

Por suerte el Dropbox 2.01 de https://mycloud.barracus.tk/ funciona :slight_smile:

Hy, sorry for the trouble.

i looked on the version numbers and don´t saw that it wasn´t listed botton. It was on the top :smiley:

Version number is shorter in this one. 1.15.2.793 :slight_smile:

Sorry I haven’t been on lately. Thanks @LaMpiR for taking up the mantle. Here’s today’s Plex Pass release:

1 Like

Thank you!

I hope you don’t mind, I have added it to the link above with the added username from you :slight_smile:
It’s easier for me and I do believe for others as well to have it all in one place.

1 Like

I have updated it to: 1.15.3.876

Source file: PlexMediaServer-1.15.3.876-ad6e39743-WDMyCloudEX2.bin

Download at: http://dev.vukovic.info/wdnas/

1 Like

Hey @LaMpiR

the new version 1.15.4.993 is out now.

could you please provide the new bin-file ?

thank you in advance.

I have updated it to: 1.15.4.993

Source file: PlexMediaServer-1.15.4.993-bb4a2cb6c-WDMyCloudEX2

Thank you for the info @cooler22.

1 Like

Thanks for your work LaMpiR

1 Like

LaMpiR. Thank you.

LaMpiR. Thank you.

Thx :slight_smile: @LaMpiR

@LaMpiR,

every month a new version :smiley: … i only want to inform you that the version 1.15.4.994 for Plex is out now.

could you be so nice and provide again this version :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance, i appreciate your work very much :wink:

Sorry guys, email ended up in spam. It’s the reason for the delay.

I have updated it to: 1.15.4.994

Source file: PlexMediaServer-1.15.4.994-107756f7e-WDMyCloudEX2.bin

2 Likes

I have updated it to: 1.15.6.1079

Source file: PlexMediaServer-1.15.6.1079-78232c603-WDMyCloudEX2.bin

2 Likes

LaMpiR thank you so much

Thank you @LaMpiR,

would it be possible to offer me a manual how you doing the version updates ?
So i could provide it in your absence if necessary.

So, I have written an explanation before and I will try and sort it out a bit more. I am using virtual machine with Ubuntu 16.04. 32bit. You can find it and download the proper maschine in order to transfer files more easily if you are using windows, for macOS I really don’t know how it works.

I am downloading the files when I get the update from plex or when I get an email from you, since I am not using plex at home, but I play files directly from KODI. Only sometimes I use it on top of the KODi since it doesn’t transcode then.

On my machine, I have it installed only because of the plex and you need a bit of linux knowledge like how to create a folder or rename a file and so on.

I have created a folder “plex” and have downloaded the tool mksapkg(which you need to create the file for MyClound Gen2).

1. Download the latest package from: Media Server Downloads | Plex Media Server for Windows, Mac, Linux, FreeBSD and More
    You download it with the command “wget”
    wget https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-server-new/1.15.6.1079-78232c603/wd/PlexMediaServer-1.15.6.1079-78232c603-WDMyCloudEX2.bin
    This would download the bin for the EX2 which we unpack and later on create to be used onf MyCloud. This is the latest link in the time of writing this.
  2. I rename the file since it easier to type and with the command “mv PlexM* plexo.bin”
    This uses automatically the long named file and renames it to plexo.bin (you can use whatever name you want or you can use it as original)
  3. You need to create the tar package from it and we use a command
    dd if=plexo.bin of=plexo.tar.gz bs=200 skip=1
    As previously stated, simple use the names you have decided before, point is to have real files with those names
    After this, I have a file named “plexo.tar.gz” which I need to unpack now
  4. In order to unpack the file, I use the command
    tar -zxvf plex.tar.gz
    This unpacks all the files to the folder plexmediaserver which I have to enter with the command
    cd plexmediaserver
  5. And now we have to create the file which is going to be used with the mksapkg tool in order to create the .bin for our model.
    By using the command
    …/mksapkg -m WDMyCloud

We basically create from those unpacked files a file for our model. Two dots before are that the files is in one folder above and I have it like this:
/plex/ - root folder (where I have downloaded everything, my tar.gz file is there, my mksapkg tool is there and the most important, my newly created bin will be there
/plex/plexmediaserver/ - where the fliles are unpacked

And this is it. It creates a bit longer filename, but just rename it again and copy/upload where you want to. I upload it directly to the ftp, rename it and download like you do :blush:

If you have some errors and so on, I have no experience with the mksapkg and as I have understood, WD is not offering it any more as well. I can maybe record my steps, but they are quite simple as I have mentioed and it all takes 3-5min in order to do and have it on my website.

You need to be able to use chmod with ubuntu or sudo in order to work and that is the simplest ubuntu knowledge once can have.

This is the original article I wrote:

1 Like