WD MyCloud Gen2 - Enable apps install tab + Apps!

Alternative method (Not tested!):

• Replace “myapp.bin” to app file name and run these commands in folder where it stored
echo -en 'Glacier' | dd of=myapp.bin bs=1 seek=0 conv=notrunc
echo -en '\x02' | dd of=myapp.bin bs=1 seek=124 conv=notrunc

@LaMpiR,

i think this guide is very good.
i used before a CentOS 7.6 VM and tryed it on this.

problem is the last step.

@CentOS76 plexmediaserver]$ ./mksapkg -m WDMyCloud
-bash: ./mksapkg: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

can you help me here with this ?
i searched a little bit on the internet and there i found that it could be that i have some libraries not installed.

P.S.

ok solved the problem by myself … it was really a package that was not installed - libxml2.i686

1 Like

Perfect! Congratz!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Attached is the latest version of Plex Media Server (1.16.0.1220)

1 Like

hy @what,

my myCloud says the latest version is Version 1.15.8.1198.

could it be that for the other models there is a newer version released ?

@LaMpiR, is it possible to upload the new versions on your sftp-server? I don´t want to setup a second one if you have one. I currently created the new version 1.15.8.1198

You can see the latest version here:

Just choose NAS-Western Digital.

Tnx what.

I have uploaded a .bin from what with version: 1.16.0.1220

Download at: [http://dev.vukovic.info/wdnas/

1 Like

Thanks~!

Can somebody repack Goodsync?

Coudn’t use the repack instructions in this thread because the required tool’s download link is broken.

1 Like

Try this (Need SSH acces to your NAS):

Thanks. Unfortunately, this did not work. I used your commands(dd) to modify the bin package (on a Mac). The resultant package could not be installed on MyCloud Gen2 NAS with WD_Crack.

I am uploading the Plex Pass versions, which are one iteration newer.

1 Like

I have updated it to: 1.16.0.1226

Source file: PlexMediaServer-1.16.0.1226-7eb2c8f6f-WDMyCloudEX2

Download at: http://dev.vukovic.info/wdnas/

1 Like

Thanks Again LaMpiR

Hi good people. I have few changes to announce.
Files are moved to a new domain, address is below.
Non-Plexpass version: 1.16.0.1226

Download at: https://wdnas.lampir.dev

3 Likes

thanks LaMpiR… you´re the best

Good people.

I am not sure if i am allowed to post Plexpass versions here or anywhere, since I have to login to download it, and a person with only a Plexpass can access it. Until I can clear this with Plex, there will be no Plexpass versions available.

2 Likes

@LaMpiR,

could you help me a little bit ?
The new version is out now so i tried to create the new file for installing on the MyCloud.

after the point "dd

i got this failure -

sudo ./plex.sh
--2019-07-02 23:07:58--  https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-server-new/1.16.1.1291-158e5b199/windows/PlexMediaServer-1.16.1.1291-158e5b199-x86.exe
Auflösen des Hostnamen »downloads.plex.tv (downloads.plex.tv)«... 104.18.157.41, 104.18.156.41, 2606:4700::6812:9d29, ...
Verbindungsaufbau zu downloads.plex.tv (downloads.plex.tv)|104.18.157.41|:443... verbunden.
HTTP-Anforderung gesendet, warte auf Antwort... 200 OK
Länge: 81452192 (78M) [application/octet-stream]
In »»PlexMediaServer-1.16.1.1291-158e5b199-x86.exe«« speichern.

100%[==========================================================================================================================================================================>] 81.452.192  11,2MB/s   in 7,0s

2019-07-02 23:08:05 (11,1 MB/s) - »»PlexMediaServer-1.16.1.1291-158e5b199-x86.exe«« gespeichert [81452192/81452192]

407259+1 Datensätze ein
407259+1 Datensätze aus
81451992 Bytes (81 MB) kopiert, 1,08029 s, 75,4 MB/s

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

cp: der Aufruf von stat für „/home/<username>/programs/plex/mkaspkg“ ist nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

sudo: ./home/<username>/programs/plex/plexmediaserver/mksapkg: Befehl nicht gefunden

I think that the conversion to the tar.gz didn´t work, but i don´t know why. Could be that the new version of plex is corrupted ?

my code (replaced username with pseudonyme ):

sudo wget https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-server-new/1.16.1.1291-158e5b199/windows/PlexMediaServer-1.16.1.1291-158e5b199-x86.exe

sudo mv /home/<username>/programs/plex/PlexM*.exe /home/<username>/programs/plex/plexo.bin

sudo dd if=/home/<username>/programs/plex/plexo.bin of=/home/<username>/programs/plex/plexo.tar.gz bs=200 skip=1

sudo tar -zxvf /home/<username>/programs/plex/plexo.tar.gz

sudo cp /home/<username>/programs/plex/mkaspkg /home/<username>/programs/plex/plexmediaserver/

sudo ./home/<username>/programs/plex/plexmediaserver/mksapkg -m WDMyCloud

Hi.

You are downloading a Windows version of the file. That is already compiled and cannot be used for Linux or our nas.

Check the ending of my links above, you can choose in the download page a WD NAS and then the model from which we extract the files and repack them for our unit.

1 Like

@LaMpiR,

after my mistake with the version i tried to install the new version. after that my current version was deleted but the new version was never installed. so currently my plex is crashed on the WDMyCloud.

If i try to install some of your versions or mine, this always appears

it seems like that the MyCloud thinks that the Plex Media Server module is still installed, but that isn´t so. Why it is trying to update a deleted module? Have you an idea or have anyone else an idea how i can fix this ? A Factory Reset was not working :frowning:

Thank you in advance

When you did the factory reset, don’t you have to install wd crack once more?

Which version is did you use to compile yours? I am seeing that they haven’t made new versions as the onr from my website, except for Plexpass version.

1 Like