WD My Book stopping on system image backup

My Windows Pro 64 bit system backup did not work, quit after running a little. I tried to do the firmware update but it would not execute had unexpexted error.

How do you do a system image backup with My Book? Use the software on the drive? or on windows back up?

Failed

Windows release 3.2.0.8D  (updated 6/13/2013)

I use Acronis True Image for my disk images. I also partition the disk with one for the system and programs and the second for data.

Joe

yes I have a separate partition for system however I am fustrated that I can not use Windows 7Pro to create a system image to restore.  WD Support says they don’t know why and have nothing in there knowledge base to tell them. Seagate has software you can use to get to the 3 tb drives but there is nothing for WD drives. 

I thought the software that came with it would work but in only copies library’s and folders. Is it possible to restore a computer with WD external drives without outside purchases of more software?

Maybe this will help you figure out the Windows backup http://windows7forums.com/tweaks-guides-howto/90260-how-set-windows-7-backup.html I saw it in another forum. I think EaseUS, Paragon and Macrium all have free backup programs. They are usable but don’t have all of the features of the paid versions.

Joe