WD M.2 SSD compatibility with Asus Q534UX?

Needing to replace the 500GB SSD in my Asus Q534UX laptop, which is M.2-2280 NGFF. I read some attractive info about the WD Blue SN500 NVMe SSD, but I’m not finding info on the WD website to confirm compatibility with my laptop. For example, I can’t determine NVMe vs SATA, and any other specs I need to know. I just know that the existing M.2 SSD in the laptop has two key notches on the hardware interface plug. No phone contact into WD online store that I can find, no chat box either. Hoping someone here knows the answer.

The existing M.2 SSD in the laptop is a M & B key that is a M.2-2280 NGFF SATA drive. Your laptop is NOT compatible with the WD Blue NVMe SSD drives which are keyed differently. I have owned the same laptop you have since September 2016. It’s too bad that the laptop only supports the NGFF drives because otherwise, you’d have a major performance gain with the newer NVMe drives.

Hope this helps.

The part number for your existing drive is Hynix part number beginning with HFS512… which can only be replaced with like.

The product has an M.2 2280 form factor.