WD Live Netflix instant queue unavailable

What, exactly, are you complaining about?  You wanted a fix for Netflix problems, WD releases a beta that supposedly fixes some issues with Netflix, and you are screaming because it MIGHT not work?

Try it first – if you still have problems then post (a separate thread would be best) and WD can then address it as they have tried to do with others’ issues.  Don’t get your panties in a bunch when you don’t even know if you need to.

Woooow… It MIGHT be time to switch to decaf bro. :wink: Seriously, maybe I came of wrong. I DO appreciate that they fixed some issues. However, as I already said, the version change info does NOT say it fixes THIS problem. Irregardless… why in the world would I make another thread regarding this problem?? Ah well, perhaps it accidentally fixes this problem, or they forgot to add it into the list of stuff they fixed. I am sorry I upset you, have a nice day! :slight_smile:

Actually, you’re the one that needs to switch to decaf – I was merely trying to tell you to remain calm.

If it doesn’t fix your problems then just report them – that’s what WD needs to hear.  They can’t fix everything at once, particularly when there are multiple issues in the same area.

Crogon wrote:
…the version change info does NOT say it fixes THIS problem. 

I think that Guy saying this version should address that issue caries more weight with me than what the paper release notes say…   Isn’t it worth a try?

Hey Guys, 

I had this problem where I was getting the message Instant queue not available at this time.  I tried everything everybody mentioned and nothing worked.  So, I slept on it.  I went into Network Settings and wondered if it would make any difference if I set “auto login to share”  to “on”.   I set it to on and BINGO my Netflix Instant Queue was available again.  :smiley:  I am so happy.  

JFKPHXAZ wrote:

Hey Guys, 

I had this problem where I was getting the message Instant queue not available at this time.  I tried everything everybody mentioned and nothing worked.  So, I slept on it.  I went into Network Settings and wondered if it would make any difference if I set “auto login to share”  to “on”.   I set it to on and BINGO my Netflix Instant Queue was available again.  :smiley:  I am so happy.  

Just out of interest what made you wonder if setting this would make any difference or was it just a clutching at straws thing.

I’m also running into this issue.

The Netflix deactivate solution works fine. Glad I didn’t have to factory reset my device.

I’m looking forward to the official firmware update but if this occurs on a regular basis, I’ll load the beta.

Thanks!

-Dan

I just installed the firmware beta and it did absolutely nothing.  Soooo fed up with this thing

chiliface wrote:

I just installed the firmware beta and it did absolutely nothing.  Soooo fed up with this thing

Uh, what did you WANT it do?  Dance the macarena?  

Well, I still get the error, but it usually happens when I leave the device in the Netflix menu for too long. I’m thinking the WD screensaver isn’t popping up, and something in the Netflix connection is timing out or something.

I hope I don’t jinx myself, but SO FAR it hasn’t locked up the Netflix account the way it was doing before. Now when I see this message, I can push the home key to get out of it (nothing else works), then navigate back to the Netflix menu, and everything seems to be happy and working ok.

Slightly annoying but not NEARLY as annoying as having to reset the account every few days.

I guess now I’ll just cross my fingers and hope for the other little bugs and missing features get fixed and added in. Hopefully before they come out with a Super-HD Plus PLUS version, lol.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

chiliface wrote:

Uh, what did you WANT it do?  Dance the macarena?  

Um, I kind of wanted it to fix the problem.

Sorry!   :slight_smile:   I neglected to pay attention to the subject line…

Was it in that bad state BEFORE you upgraded?   

If it was, you have to do the steps outlined in the FAQ.

If it broke AFTER the beta (in other words, it was working WHEN the beta was installed) then that’s a different thing altogether.

The beta isn’t going to make your queue available; it’s supposed to prevent it from going unavailable again.

Has anyone bothered to just change their wi-fi channel?  I know that on set it is default for auto, but my experience has been that it generally just sits on channel 1.  Let’s face it, if your neighbors have wifi,chances are theirs is set to channel 1 as well.  With such a narrow bandwidth, and everyone sharing the same channel, there is too much background noise, and so you get poor reception.

Channel 1 uses the lowest frequency band and each subsequent channel increases the frequency slightly. Therefore, the further apart two channel numbers are, the less the degree of overlap and likelihood of interference. If encountering interference with a neighbor’s WLAN, change to a distant channel. Both channels 1 and 11 do not overlap with the default channel 6; use one of these three channels for best results.

I changed mine to 11 and completely resotred my connection to netflix.  I hope this helps.

Cheers

Just want to add my “me too”. I’ve had my WD TV Live + for a couple months now, and have had no problem, even up until a few days ago, i.e. the last time I tried. Today, when I try to access Netflix, I get this error. Sadly, I could never get the Netflix Deactivation sequence to work, after several attempts. It’s like it just doesn’t register at all. I’m envious of you guys who can get it to work.

So, I did the factory reset thing. Not a huge deal for me; only a couple network logons lost, and I really didn’t use them much. Netflix was my main use for this device. Now, Interestingly, when I went back into Netflix to try to get a new activation code, I got an error stating that it failed to connect to the Netflix server. (At this point, it conveniently gives you a “Retry?” button.) On the third try, it got through, and got me a new activation code.

So I’m wondering if it really might just be networking problems at root. Such things can cause all kinds of squirrelly, hard-to-diagnose problems.

Btw - my device tells me that my firmware is up to date, with the same version number as whats-his-name said up above.

Going off topic a little… I had another problem with this device when I first got it – my projector seemed to be having trouble synching to the signal over a long HDMI cable at 1080p – so I filed the bug report; and Duane (aka Sanjay) told me that “engineering” had been able to duplicate the problem and were going to work on a fix. Well, it’s a good thing I didn’t hold my breath for that one… In case you’re curious - my workaround is to run the video to the projector via a short component video cable. It works well enough - though I’m running it at 1080i just to be “safe”.

Hey - I think it’s worth noting that the Roku folks are experiencing the exact same problems.

Check it out on their forums!

My take-away is that this is in fact a Netflix problem – bandwidth, availability, something.

It makes you wonder if any of the other Netflix streaming devices are also having these issues…

I bought my WDTV Live Plus around September. We use Netflix frequently and last week this happened to us. I tried several options without success.

De-authorizing the box did not make any difference. I also reviewed my network settings (I use an approved NetGear wireless N adapter). All network settings other than the WPA2 key and SSID are automatic. Resetting these made no difference and I didn’t really expect anything to change because everything else was working / streaming fine including YouTube and Pandora.

I finally decided to do a Factory Reset. That solved the problem. So there must be something happening that is screwing up the configuration and the only way to get it fixed is to restore the unit? This is certainly not ideal for me because I have to re-enter a very lengthy Google password for YouTube now, as well as Pandora and a few Network Shares. Besides that, it really shouldn’t take WD this long to get a patch out. It makes me wish I had bought the Roku instead. We are getting my brother n law one for Christmas and unless this gets resolved I will probably buy him the Roku or the AppleTV so I don’t have to go fix this everytime it stops working.

Hi,

For me this is happening every three months, in the same day, when probably Netflix reset the activation of my device. So … the only way to use my WD TV Live Plus again…  is to do the procedure described by you. It is really annoying. Hopefully WD can do something about it.

i need your help i bought a WD TV LIVE PLUS 2 weeks ago and i have a netflix account i cant get access to netflix on my TV because it s asking me to activate my device but i dont have any code on my screen the message i have my device cannot be activated how i cant get my code please help me

Is your internet connection working?   Where do you live?   If you don’t live in the US, then NetFlix isn’t going to work.

Netflix has been available in Canada for 2 months now on other devices like Wii.  WD has been dragging their feet on this issue.  Netflix was one of the main reasons I purchased the WDTV Live Hub after the gumball at the BestBuy shack assured me it would work. Back to surfing Mediafly and UTube.