WD Ex2 Ultra Transmission app password authentication setup

Hi Guys,

Any of you found out how to setup RPC authentication on WD ex2 ultra as it is almost unsecure as if anyone knows the puplic ip can reach this with no authentication. Its not that tricky but i dont know if we can hard saved the config by changing to enable RPC whitelist authentication via password.

Hello there

I have not tried to use transmission remotely, lets see if another user can share some information or tips on this matter.

It so simple when you click on configure option it will re-direct to the installed and configured port number. If you have p2p enabled then the port number will the running sequence of 9xxx series only

Its often possible any one can scan a WAN IP with vulnerable open ports . And if you know the port you can reach outside with the portforwarding. As the server is running in WD ex2 . forwarding to Nas ip will allow you to reach from outside.

One can find this and reach this. But if we can protect with password which is possible. Then it wont be easy for it to crack or bypass easily.

Finally i ssh’ed to wd and enabled the authentication. It has to be in GUI of WD nas. But i figured it out.

Hope some time soon i should be able to update it to 2.94 instead of old 2.84

hello DirtyMacho, I could know which command has edited the settings.json file, because the file is protected to me. thank you

Hi,
Were you able to update the transmission app in your ex2 ultra?

Could you share this information with us?