WD Elements Play Interface

Why the WD Elements Play does’nt have a decent GUI?

It should be like the WD TV Live, where you can have moviesheet and easily browse through movies reading a resume of the script.

Is it possible to have such a nice interface on the WD Elements?

What’s the point in having a different interface for the two products?

Shouldn’t it be easier to have the same interface for the WD TV and adapt it to the WD Elements Play?

Is there any plan to do it?

r_alex_olivaw wrote:

Why the WD Elements Play does’nt have a decent GUI?

It should be like the WD TV Live, where you can have moviesheet and easily browse through movies reading a resume of the script.

Is it possible to have such a nice interface on the WD Elements?

What’s the point in having a different interface for the two products?

Shouldn’t it be easier to have the same interface for the WD TV and adapt it to the WD Elements Play?

Is there any plan to do it?

Totally different parties wrote the firmware. The Elements Play interface is almost identical to several other Amlogic-based players, hinting to me that the whole kit is just slightly customized for WD’s brand.

Thanks for your fast reply…

Do you think is possible to improve it?

Are there maybe third party software, or there is a way to customize the visualization of the menus?

Bumping this thread!

Have just tried it out and pretty much immediately decided to google to see if there’s any options on alternative interfaces!

Bought a 3TB for my g/f’s dad and was hoping that the interface was a little bit more Boxee/XBMC-ish in terms of the interface - or just at least a bit more clever than plain folder navigation (I understand that it can’t link to pull metadata and cover images from IMDB online etc, but still).

Anyway luckily he’s not to picky so it’s hopefully OK - but improvements in this aspect would be handy!

Hi,

the only way i found to improve a bit the interface is usind THUMBGEN to create icons and moviesheets.

You can download it here:

http://thumbgen.org/

The software connect with imdb and other website to create moviesheets with a lot of info.

The Elements Play doesn’t support moviesheets.

Yes, it does support moviesheets.

Just you have to design a simpler one to be readable on the preview.

I used thumbgen designer to design a simpler moviesheet with bigger fonts to be readable and generate them with thumbgen lite.

It’s not so cool as having a full screen moviesheet, but way better than a simple list.