WD Drivers causing vulnerability on most of the computers: wdcsam64_prewin8.sys

access is denied
cant delete

1 Like

Sep 21, 2022 - A couple of weeks ago someone from WD called me and guided me to the process of removing anything related to WD from my computer and removed any WD software. Then after rebooting the computer, I downloaded the latest software update for the WD and then everything worked out well.

So far I have not had any problems and now I am safely accessing the externals hard drives. I would like to notice that my computer had a poor performance, so I just decided to play safe and re installed the whole computer using the Windows Cloud recovery function in Win 11 Pro. Then reinstalled my software and restored my data backups. Then I inserted the WD Harddrive and everything went smooth.

1. Uninstall all WD software (WD Discovery and/or WD Security and/or WD Drive Utilities).
      For instructions, please refer to Answer ID 4158: WD Discovery: Uninstall & Remove, Uninstall or remove apps and programs in Windows 10 and/or Windows 11.
    1. Reboot the computer.
    1. Download and install the latest release of WD Software, please refer to Answer ID 10346: WD Products: Download Software, Firmware, Drivers.
    1. If that did not resolve the issue, Manually remove older files:
      o If you have a WD USB device, please refer to Answer ID 49934: Windows: Using External Drive Manually Remove Older Files Incompatible With Memory Integrity.
      o Otherwise, please refer to Answer ID 35024: Windows: Using Command Prompt Manually Remove Older Files Incompatible with Memory Integrity.
  1. Enable Memory Integrity.

– if you find this useful, please show some appreciation and like it… it takes a lot of time to write down a blog for you to use. :smiley: and is fun to find how many have been beneficed with it.

thanks man <3