WD Discovery 3.4.89 and macOS 10.15 Catalina Support

when new version to wd sync to macOS Catalina, for wd my cloud mirror first generation?

After installing the latest WD Discovery, I can use the MyBook Duo with Catalina.
However, Time Machine still not working, any solution?!

1 Like

what’s happening with Time Machine?

Failed to backup, throwing erro1

My Book Duo = wrong forum. Here is My Cloud Home.

Downloaded the software here:

Software for Mac

Installed it- it didn’t work.
Did a finder search for WD and used the uninstaller to uninstall.
Did an additional finder search for WD and deleted all the files with the timestamp of the download.

Re- downloaded the software here.
Unplugged my two external HD’s (one was WD, the other some other brand)
RE- Plugged in my WD drive
Installed the software.
ran thru the tutorial (quick)
Clicked on the box for External HD (my passport ultra- see photo- note it was not the "settings icon, it was the actual box that I clicked on)

Which pulled up the finder- and BAMMMM there it was!!!
Thank you WD for getting this resolved. I updated today to Catalina- unaware there were any issues and would have hated to have lost access to all of my data!

More than a month without being able to install and mount MY Cloud Home Duo of 6 TB in two Macs. WD Support = silence. Deserves a legal action even the condition you accepted when using the product. There is a total inability of WD to solve this problem. WD Engineers should be ashamed of their lack of knowledge to solve problems. AT least this is what I would feel if this happens in my profession. Moreover the implicit attitude of silence shows very low Company’s values.

From version 3.5.152 available from 10/23/2019 it is compatible to mount our WD unit through the finder. It cost me almost a week until I have done the following steps:

1. Primordial. UNINSTALL OUR WD DISCOVERY
  2. INSTALL THE NEW VERSION 3.5.152 (https://support-en.wd.com/app/products/product-detail/p/1369#WD_downloads)
  3. In “system preferences” → “security and privacy” → “full disk access”, enable “install WD DISCOVERY”; enable “update WD DISCOVERY.app”

So, I’ve just taken delivery of a MyCloud Home and I can’t even get the discovery to run properly on my Macbook with Catalina installed! Any pointers greatly appreciated!

So, ich habe es installiert bekommen.
In den Einstellungen / Sicherheit / Festplattenvollzugriff, habe ich die Rechte fĂŒr WD Discovery gelöscht.
Anschliessend ließ sich das Programm wieder installieren.

Thanks a million, it works.

Finally, that was the missing step, to enable the update in privacy settings. Thanks Luis.

1 Like

Any update on this?

Uninstall the previous version. Installed the new version from the web and it worked!

Sorry, when with the WD MyCloud Personal work with a Mac running Catalina?

1 Like

Yes! With My Cloud Home.

At the WD website, the specs do not list Catalina as a compatible operating system for WD MyCloud Home. When will it be compatible?

1 Like

The bug regarding the menu bar icon and auto light/dark mode is still there in v.3.6.163

Restart your Mac on reboot hold command + R
from Utilities open terminal,
type csrutil disable
restart your Mac and the My Cloud home drive appears

2 Likes

What’s up @SBrown ?