WD Discovery 3.4.89 and macOS 10.15 Catalina Support

Last version installed on a clean Mac OS Catalina install and says drive is offline. But Plex is working and running on My Cloud.

Anyone with similar issue?

Didnā€™t work for me.

what is worrying is that the 64 bit does not date from Catalina and that WD did not release a compatible version ā€¦can we have at least one piece of information?

no idea whatā€™s with you guys, but the latest update removed my troubles: the wd-drive is working again under Catalina, drive is mapped, still think that communication could have been a little better, but overall I am happy, that the issues seems to have been solved with the updateā€¦

I just installed latest update and removed my troubles. I can see my cloud home in finder. Everything works good:)

1 Like

Me too. What a relief!!!

1 Like

For those who have problems installing the updated software, i.e. stuck at 66%, etc. I booted my mac into Safe Mode to install the software and it installed fine. Reboot after install and you should see your drive again.

Didnā€™t work, the installer crashed at 66% in safe mode, any other security setting we need to change?

I tried turning off the fire wall, didnā€™t help either, this is a nightmare, anyone want a cheap second hand WD HD?

@SBrown iā€™ve spent 6 hours, tired every single suggestion here, results are the same, installation crashed at 66% please do something about it.

Have you tried the new ā€œnewā€ package? The one posted in this forum didnā€™t work but the one here did.

Yes thatā€™s the one i tried, iā€™ve download it 6 times, tried all 6, same results.

@simonwong

1. Get all the logs My Cloud Home: Collect Desktop App Logs
  2. Send the logs to support along with the make, model etcā€¦ of your mac. https://westerndigital.secure.force.com/ind/?lang=en_US

Thereā€™s no such directory as Iā€™ve manual deleted it.

I have also attempted to download the newest version in the website since it Appeared on 10/23. It has always stopped working at 66%. My wife and I plan to try all weekend to get it to work. I am not sure it ever will.

@JZiegler @simonwong Have you contacted support?
If yes, PM me your support case number

I really donā€™t know what else to do. To clean, to change. How is it possible that I am not able to install WD Discovery with Catalina. I am still unable to get the Drive in the Finder. Help please !

1 Like

I submitted a request on Sunday, November 3. Can you advise me how to ā€œPMā€ you so that I can forward the case number. I do not know how to ā€œPMā€ as I am a new user to the support system. It seems when I reply to this email, it posts to the string automatically.

Suggets send an email to : wdsupport@wdc.com

I did the uninstall and now I cant install the WD desktop for mac, WD myCloud shows the mycloud drive buts now its not visible to my Mac finder, or photo software