WD Discovery 3.4.89 and macOS 10.15 Catalina Support

Hi team,
usually when these kind of issues start raising up it means that the future of the device is almost stepping to the End of Life, especially considering that I won’t throw out my MacBook. Should I buy a new storage? Be frank and sincere please.

1 Like

This new version include Mac OS Catalina support :

Installed WD Discovery Version: 3.6.163 on MacOS Catalina 10.15.2. My WDMyCloudEX2 is recognised by the Mac after rebooting the Mac.

However when I the WDMyCloudEX2 goes to sleep at night and reboots in the morning it is not recognised by the Mac any more. You have to reboot the Mac, then you can connect to the WDMyCloudEX2
Remarks: I use the WDMyCloudEX2 as a NAS in my LAN. Cloud connection is disabled.

Hopefully we get an update soon.

Hello @tcfos you are in the my cloud home forum not the my cloud’s ones.

By the way, I don’t think you need WD Discovery for My Cloud EX 2.

Yes! This solved the issue for me, THANK YOU!
Still feels a bit wrong to change what is essentially a security measure by the OS, but I’m glad to have the functionality back at least :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all, I have MacOS Catalina and the installation of WD Discovery stucks at 50%.

Please tell me ASAP what to do because I’m really angry (also for the incredible 15 days outage last fall due to Catalina unsupported).

Whats happening with this? I had to upgrade to Catalina and now I can’t access my files!! WTF! This isn’t funny… what happens now? This is utterly disgraceful.

1 Like

@stuart_Henderson Download the last version 3.6.163 from here :

Hi,

I am still having the issue of it not installing beyond 50%. I have installed the latest version of OSX as well as your software.

Please help.

Regards,
Nicholas

Delete all WD software and restart your mac before install this new version.

It doesn’t work at all. It stops at 50%.
PLEASE WD stop kidding us and release ASAP a serious version of your piece… of code.

2 Likes

It stops at 50%!!!

1 Like

Hi there, do u have any solution form WD discovery yet? I’ve got MacOS with Catalina.

Doesn’t look like it. The Mac app stopped connecting. It won’t sign in at all for me. I’ve removed the app all together and reinstalled it - nothing. It says I’m up to date but the app isn’t there at all. Please fix these random issues.

1 Like

Hi, any options to connect My Book World Edition to my MacBookPro OS Catalina? Can be a manual connection? Do you have a procedure? Regards

This is ridiculous! Not even an update on progress in 6 months. I going to have to buy a new backup system now. Can’t wait any longer on WD!

@jforest There’s no details regarding your issue but the macOS Catalina version of WD Discovery was released in WD Discovery 3.5.152 – 2019-10-23

• Fix for WD Discovery install and MCH mount issues on OSX 10.15.
  • New easyStore and My Passport Go devices supported in WD Discovery
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes and technical improvements.

It doesn’t help and it’s really frustrating not being able to install just a simple software.
Can someone look into this? One solution may be providing the direct download of the software. Can you please share the link rather than the version only downloads the installer?

1 Like

@csahingoz

Download and Install WD Discovery Full Version

Answer ID 28762

1 Like

Thanks. weird but as soon as I install it prompts for an update required note. Installs the update successfully but I can close the “update complete” message. When I hardclose it, it seems it requires update all over again. I couldn’t overcome this :frowning: