VCD does not appear on the VCD partition

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody knows  how to install a new VCD into the VCD partition? I have Western Digital My Book enclosure. I installed new firmware but the VCD does not work. I have the VCD image but the Virtual CD manager does not allow to install a new one. I wanted to contact Western Digital via email but their email support is not working. I wanted to find out if anybody knows how to fix the VCD? Does anybody know how much it costs to send the hard drive to Western Digital to have the VCD fixed?

Thanks,

Regards,

Daniel Oviedomora

Welcome to the Community.

The Virtual CD Manager is not compatible with modern WD drives. Can you share the model number of your WD My Book? If it is from a recent generation, then the VCD will only show up after the device is password-protected and disconnected in order to trigger the security mechanism.

Hello, 

The enclosure is a Western Digital My Book for Mac 1 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive. The hard drive is a Western Digital WD1001FALS.

Do you know if they are compatible?

Thanks,

Regards,

Daniel Oviedomora

I would need the precise model number since there are 3 generations of the WD My Book for Mac. They are all named the same (“My Book for Mac”) but are differentiated by the model number. It starts with “WD” and should be for example “WDBYCC0020HBK”.

The model of the my book is:

The serial number: WDBAAG00020HCH-01